What air rifle?

neil

I'm thinking of buying a new or atleast new to me air rifle for hunting,at present i have a .22 webly eclipse which i like very much but its a bit heavy.Basically i'm after a lightweight full power rifle.I fancy a Theoben Fenmen or similar but i'm not sure also its a new one is a bit pricy as i've just shelled out for a new shotgun.Anyone got any ideas also does anyone know of any good places to buy second hand airguns online perhaps,any ideas would be great.

I was offered a secondhand BSA lightning for 150 quid with a 3-9x40 scope and a few bits but i've read some iffy reviews about them, bad triggers recoil problrms and pellet fussy that put me off having it but then i've also read some very good reviews since so now i dont know what to think,have you ever used one?I forgot to mention i want a silencer which is par of the problem whith the eclipse,whith the silencer fitted its a bit to long for comfort.

The recoil has been known to kick a bit, but that was my first air rifle and still have it, Sandwell Field Sports will tune it and can also sort the trigger then it is fine, but i would make sure the scope going on it is springer rated otherwise you may experience a broken rectile

James

P.S

IN .22 they Love Air Arms Field in 5.52

Does anyone know the law regarding sending air rifles through the post?I was looking on the post office site and the way i read it looked as if they didnt do it,which courers do and which are best?I'm thinking of selling the eclipse and maybe my old meteor to sort of reimberse myself for the fenman.

Does anyone know how heavy a fenman is?I've just looked on the theoben website and apparently a standard fenman weighs 7.9lbs and a profile stock version weighs 8.2lbs,thats worse than my eclipse!!The reasion i ask is ive found a profile stocked one for sale on the intrnet which i quite fancy but not if it is that heavy,i thought the reasion for a profile stock was to save on weight?Acording to the website they have discontinued to make the profile stocked versions anyone know why?

• 4 weeks later...

Looked at a weihrauch (i think thats how you spell it)HW99 yesterday,I'm quite tempted by it.My only experiance with these was the HW77 and HW80,both very nice but very heavy.This 99 is as light as a feather and apparently full legel power,its nothing flashy about it but as with all Weihrauchs looks very well put together.