Rifle lamps

Hammergun

Hi!  I am looking to buy a air rifle lamping kit, mainly for use on rats and rabbits.  I have been considering the Logun Smart Lamp, Deben Tracer Compact and Tracer Mini.  Can anyone point out any merits / problems of each?  Which one should I go for? (or have you any other suggestions)  Any comment appreciated.  Thanks.

Welcome Hammer, I have the Deben Tracer Compact on my .22 l/r. It does the job very well. One thing I've found with it though, is if I put a filter on it, the range of the light is cut down considerably. Looking back.......I probably would have been better to buy a more powerful light, as most of the time I use a filter.

I got a lightforce gives a beam usable to about 300yards, red to about 150. I leave the red filter on as the bunnies are not so skitish with it and my night vision is not wrecked. I was going to get Deben Mini but they only had it as a compleat kit (in the gun shop) and the Lightforce on its own was almost the same price and I have batteries for the pigeon rotor.

I've not had much dealing with the lamps above,(mines a fewyears old now)but assuming these lamps are intended to bolt on the gun the things i have found quite important is  A: the weight and B: how high it is, ie it makes the gun balance very badly if it sits very high on the gun (feels very top heavy)especially bad in the wind.

Thanks for the info.  What I am looking for is do you know which of the types mentioned gives the best performance.  I don't really want to spend more than for these types as it's not my main interest.  On another point,  I understand that some of these lamps could clamp around the barrel of my Greener GP, or a .410.  Is this a good idea, or could it damage the lamp?

Thanks.

I suppose it depends on  wha tsort of quality the lamp is,i would have thought a 410 would be ok but a 12 bore may knock it about a bit,i think i've said elsewhere in the forem that my lamp was borrowed by someone with a .308 and that wrecked it,it took ages to get it back to what it is now.I suppose the thing to do is phone the makers and ask :D