Blooomin' Fishin'

Rookie

Rite well as the crops are getting a little to high to sensibly decoy over, i decided its about time to get the fishing tackle out for the first time this year...

Well i went down to a local beach mark and set up so i was fishing around 100 yards away from the peir, and around 100 yards out.

The rig i was using was a clipped down pulley rig with a makrel fillet on a pennel... incase you were wondering...

I chose this as apparently, according to the old chap in the tackle shop, there are loads of dogies about...

I got down there and to be honest i was a little late... high tide was at 11.15 and i was set up at 11 :good: could have done with being there a few hours earlier..

Anyways i sat there for about 3 hours as it was a lovely day and even set up my pike rod with a lure on to keep me occupied...

Nothing was biting and i returned empty handed...

It was annoying though as iv not yet caught a dogfish and was really hoping for one.... so im gonna go back tonight and fish the tide up :yes:

Anyone know any good tips for catching doggies then? :lol:

I shall let you no how i get on...

R.

I've got a tip. :good:

Don't let them wrap their tails around you while trying to unhook them as their skin is like sandpaper and they will rip your skin off. :yes: People used to use their skins to scrub the ships decks.

We catch lots of doggies in the evening when we fish in Pembrokeshire off the rocks in the Summer. I seem to recall catching alot of ragworm.

FM :lol:

The first tip is, don't go fishing in an East wind, all of the Kent beaches have been quiet for the last few days.

I don't know what beach you were on , but the information on the doggies was spot on, they have been showing all along the coast.

The bass are yet to appear in better sizes and numbers, but they must only be a few weeks away.

Hello all...

Thanks for the replies... :yes:

Well as planned i went out last night to fish the tide up in the hope i would catch my first dogfish.

I managed to talk my friend in to coming along who then offered to drive.... Bonus! :D

We arrived on the beach for around 9 o'clock and speedily got set up.

For the first hour or so we were plagued by crabs... pulling the odd one in here and there that made it threw the breaking waves without letting go. after this i had a more promising bite and soon pulled in a fairly good size whiting... a nice fish and a bonus after the crabs, but still not the desired dogfish.

Anyways, once that was released, it was time to rebait and cast out again. Withing about 10 mins of re-casting... i had a couple of forceful tap taps on the rod, follwed by a nice progressive bend... that looks better i thought to myself.

2 mins later and my eyes lit up and a smile that seemed to last all night, filled my face. I had done it, i had caught my first doggie :angry:

After all the excitment, we both re-cast and withing 10 mins my friend also had one on the beach...

With no more interest for the next half hour or so, we decided to end on a high note and call it a day, mainly as the monday morning work alarm was growing ever closer :angry:

Anyways i thought i would include a little piccy that was taken....

Sorry about the quality, it was a phone camera in the middle of the night lol

PS2Games-1.jpg

Cant wait for my next trip now :)

R.