JILL UP THE DUFF

gav

RIGHT SILLY QUESTION MY JILL IS HUGE AROUND HER BELLY SO IS DEFIANTELY GOT KITS IN THERE

NOTICED TONIGHT SHE HAS BEEN PULLING HAIR OUT OF HER BELLY ALL THE WAY UP IS THIS A SIGN SHE IS CLOSE TO GIVING BIRTH ?

THIS WILL BE MY FIRST LITTER . SHE HAS BEEN IN SEASON AND WAS WITH A HOB FROM ABOUT BEGINNING OF MARCH BUT NOT SURE HE KNEW WHAT TO DO FOR A START !!

ANY TIPS WOULD BE GREAT

WHATS THE BEST STUFF FOR BEDDING NOW ?

I reckon she's close to birth its six weeks less a day there preggers and it will be the hair falling out from round her nipples your seeing .I like plenty of shavings in the nest boxes as straw or hay or shredded papper can cover a kitt and a young jill on her first litter needs a bit of help she can get

i have always used shreded paper for the past 13 and always put shavings on the floor in the nest box and out in the run for years mate and all has been fine she will get the paper how she wants it flattend down. it is round 42 days so she will be getting her nest ready about 10 day befor just remember dont go helping her to much as she might kill the kits even if she is used to you.best regards i have a jill due next week. :welcomeani:

Edited by ferretman

Hi Gav,

Hows it going buddie?

Does this meen that that pair of jills we were discusing will be coming my way in the not to distant future :yes:

Glad your hob managed to do the deed in the end :welcomeani: good man lol

All the best,

R.

yes it does rookie all being well !!

why did the hob take no interest in my 2nd jill untill i took the first 1 out . they where both in season , but i removed the pregnant one last week and hes been for ever ******** the other now yet he wouldnt when the fist one was still there

do i have a ferret that didnt want to unfaithfull in front of his first love :yes::good::good::welcomeani: