Browning 525

tucker

Hi folks.

Has anyone got or used a BROWNING 525 sporter o/u.

Im after an o/u at the gamefair on Saturday and have noticed that you can buy one of these new at a very good price.

But I have been all over the web and cant find any write ups on them, only one review which was very good.

There is nothing on the BROWNING official website, only on the american one ,and they are all CITORI 525s which they dont do over here.

Any info appreciated :)

TUC

tucker ,the 525 is a nice gun the whole citori range excluding the lightnings are a hard working good solid firing platform derived from the 325 ,nitrided receivers backbored barrels,ported and choked ,good furniture on the back end ,a gun that will suit a r/h or l/hand shooter off the shelf without to many problems ,my ultra has over 200,000 throug hit from new, the only problem i have had is one known to browning the bottom pin is slightly shorter than the top, and i have had a number of shells not touch off ,this also applys to the primer depth ,swap to top barrel and bang ,the 325 , 425 and 525 all are good solid guns not to much apart aside from the finishing scrolls and such like ,you wont be dissapointed , im not i have three 2 - 325"s ultra xs and a 425 gold sporting

martin

Martin,

Got my new B525 sporter at the game fair on saturday.

Its a lovely piece of work. The 525 is not of the Citori range as it is in America.

Only a couple of models are back bored.

The link BROWNING gave me explains a bit about it. (thanks for that BROWNING).

i,M just waiting for the hard case, chokes and all the other bits to be posted to me.

I will put some photo,s of it on the forum.

The browning website list them in the Citori range, But this range has just been made for Europe. ( so they tell me)

TUC

A mate has just got the 525 grade 6 and it is very nice, 32" 1\4 and 1\2 choke.

Cost around £3000 same as Berreta 687 EELL.

SAM

That must be a lovely gun. I got the grade 1 multi-choke sporter, a bit more of an all rounder so I can use it for clays as well as pigeons.

I got a real bargain at the Midland £888.00 (after a bit of haggling).

The first one I saw I wasn,t happy with the grain, so the guy I got it off let me choose from 5 guns and i got a lovely piece of wood (looks like the grade 3or4).

£3,000 is a lot of money I would be scared to go into the field with it :P .

It is the same action as mine but costs £2,112.00 more for the engraving :devil:

And I dont think the pigeons will notice do you.

Regards

TUC

Tuc any chance you can forward that link to me ,like to have a gander ,admit i didnt know the citori range is differant there than here mmmmmmmm need to investigate the dif now ,wonder if its the barrels ,made in belgium perhaps mine are japanese all backbored too,all 6 barrels run between .741" dia and 744" dia , very consistant i found , are they ported ?? ,

i think you made a good decission with the 525 let me know how you get on ,i think you'l like it a lot, good shooting buddy .

martin

Martin

Hi mate, I wish they were the Citori range,Iasked the guy at Avelon guns and he told me they wern,t although they are basicly the same. Apparently the first of the 525s to come to britain in 2003 were, and came from the states and they were so popular they decided to bring a full range out over here.

If you look above these posts you will see Brownings post, just click on the word HERE and it will take you to the gun test.

The new chokes are brilliant (stainless steel) I think the americans have a good few more extras.

Anyway Martin have a look, I would value your oppinion.

Cheer,s mate

TUC

Hi Tuc,

see what you mean by the brit /us differance crazy world eh :lol:

the link below will explain my earlier posts on the 525 and citori range,to me still one of the best value for money guns off the shelf , i have been shooting my 1st xs since 99 have put over 200,000 rnds through and thats no exageration the 425 gold sport nowhere near as many ,i bought another xs (im told the last in canada,good salesman :blink: ) i dont want to be without one ,the beauty of the browning is the tolerancing of their workmanship all of my citoris will interchange

i.e. barrels and forend onto another platform and function perfectly ,this i have found on a number of other citoris (even though browning themselves disuade this practice) usualy its only the gold series and up that can have replacements built as per browning , to me its testament to them for building what i beleive to be the best of the rest ,ive tried the berrettas 682's 686's had em let em go,perrazi's :*)

im not a cheap guy but i aint stupid either nice but to much $$$$$$ for your bang

my guns shoot well, i just sit behind and admire the results :P:P

seriously though ,i think you've made a wise move and a good investment,its a good working gun and will outlast your shooting days i'll bet, the chokes look good ,mine are aftermarket browning extention st/st also ,looking to build my own here soon out of ti .

anyway im rambling on about something i love again sorry guys, again good luck with the gun Tuc ,let me know how she flys :devil::lol:

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/f....asp?value=008B

martin