Scopes?

Steve

Hi guys.

What sort of scopes are you guys using on your rifles?  What's your opinion of them?

I'm really, really tempted to buy a Tasco Varmint 6-24 x 42 mil-dot for £116.95.  Has anyone any experience of these scopes?

PS: do you fellas ever read some of those yankee airgun sites, they talk about using 20-25ft/lb guns on "varmints" out at 80, 90 & 100yds!!  I shoot a 22ft/lb Pro-Elite and I've never taken a shot over 60yds!  Are those guys full of it, or is my shooting not up to scratch??

I use a big scope on my airgun (Air arms s200)

Rember the biger the lense the more light it lets in and when buying a new scope alwas look through it I have looked through a £200 scope and the cross hairs were relly hard to see even when focusest properly.

:(

p.s I think mine is called a nikko stirling my dad gave it to me and he was given it by some deer stalker bloke I am not shure what model it is.  :(

You want to try getting one over here in NI mate!!  (And we're only allowed a .22 rimfire!  :(  ).

It would only take about 20 minutes in the pub to buy an Armalite or a Kalashnikov ........ and I'm not joking!  I think if the police services in all the countries we shoot in would put more resources into the issue of illegal weapons, instead of taking the easy option (ie, persecuting the law-abiding sportsman .... us! ) we would all be a lot happier!!

Still, pigs might fly ........ oh yeah, they already do!!   :evil:

One of my mates was offerd a hand gun once I dont know about N.I but they banned them over here   :what:

Of course he dident buy it  but you can get single shot AK-47s And guns like that over here but they are very expensive and the police would proberly watch you like a hawk if they knew you had one.

:(

Some antis would disagree with that well they cant any more as acording to a goverment servay the number of crimes enovolving hand guns has exploaded in the last year and yet they are all band. :(

looks like we have got em now!

P.S Why the hell do they think that everybody is killed by guns more people have been killed by cars than guns ever will!

Bought a Tasco Varmint scope tonight.  Have'nt shot with it yet but it sure looks sweet sitting on my rifle.  16.5" long!!!!

William, I know we have'nt had handguns banned but do you know if normal members of the public can get them?  Anyone I know who shoots pistols is a member of the security forces!

I must try it!!   :(  :crazy:   I can see a nice Glock with my name on it (I wonder if you can shoot seagulls with it???  :( ).

Scope is great Deako!  Zeroed it in today and tested it out.  Mil-dot is fantastic, as it saves messing about with holdover or BDC turrets (although there is that option on the scope too).  The difference in the quality and features of the new scope compared with the old one is huge!!  24x mag is great  :(, .75" groups at 40yds, 1"groups at 50yds and just under 1.25" groups at 60 yds.  Nice.

No varmints are safe now  :evil: .

• 2 months later...

Can scopes be repaired ?

I bought a BSA .25 supersport a few years ago (second Hand) and it has a scope on it However when I turn the ***** the hairs dont seem to move. and I couldnt hit anything with it so  put the gun in my cupboard and havent tried it since.

I dont know much about air guns and nothing at all about scopes

I believe that the scope is a tasco

i used a 2.5-10x42 varmint on a superten, its a very good scope and has got lots of toys but it adds alot of weight to the gun. I would have a look at the BSA contender its the same spec scope but it comes with a sun shade which is very useful for lamping or field target.

Can scopes be repaired ?

I bought a BSA .25 supersport a few years ago (second Hand) and it has a scope on it However when I turn the ***** the hairs dont seem to move. and I couldnt hit anything with it so  put the gun in my cupboard and havent tried it since.

I dont know much about air guns and nothing at all about scopes

I believe that the scope is a tasco