Sportsman Guncentre Exeter

steve_b_wales

My mate and me travelled down to the new shop in Exeter yesterday. Despite the 120 mile journey down to there, it was worth it. The shop is packed full of everything you will need.

We were looked after by a staff member called Stuart, who spent as much time with us as we required. Nothing was too much of a problem for him, and my mate looked at many different scopes before deciding which one to buy.

We both felt that we were valued customers and not just to get money out of us. We came from there after 4 hours with lots of 'goodies' and we certainly will be going back there in June. We even got two cups of coffee each.

For those who have not been there, go and see for yourself. You will be amazed.

Like everything else, you have to shop around and compare prices. Also, you can try and barter for a better deal. My mate recently bought a new Winchester SX3 semi auto 12 gauge from a shop in west Wales, and thought that he was having a good deal from them. When we went to Sportsman, we found out that he was charged £100 more than the recommended retail price. The guy in Sportsman was speechless when my mate told him how much he had paid. he even showed my mate what the retailer pays for the gun. It worked out that, even with fuel costs to travel down to Exeter, he would still have been £60 better off buying it there. Or, he could have had the gun sent to a RFD.

I bought quite a few items and, when paying for them, had 10% knocked off the bill.