Precharged rifles

neil

I've been looking at some precharged air rifles over the last few days,I've not had a lot to do with them myself but i have friends with them so have used theirs etc.The thing thats put me off them in the past is the fact that you have to get all the gear to fill them aswell as a rifle (i've allways thought i was better of putting the 100 quid towards a better springer).My question is this,i have an air compressor (the type used for spraying cars,using air tools etc)could i use this to fill it or will this knacker it?Funnely enough none of my mates are willing to let me try on thiers :(  :( .

My PCP goes up to 180psi and I fill it with a Logun stirrup pump.  If you were to use your compressor, you must use a suitable regulator!  Shouldn't make any difference to your compressor provided it had a suitable air receiver tank on it.  You would have to turn off the oiler for the compressed air tools as this would rot the seals in the gun.  You could put an in-line dehydrator between the receiver and the gun to take any moisture out.

What the gun needs is a supply of clean air at a level just below the max pressure it is charged to, nothing else.  It is no good if your compressor can't reach anywhere near the recommended operating pressure of the gun as you won't get many shots between refilling.