Maggies

Steve

Lazza I meant rooting because thats what you spend the other half of your time doing (only jealous)

When roosting with Lazza this evening the farmer had duped a load of manure if the field by the wood.  There sat 5 Maggies having a feast and poor old Lazza still didn’t get one.  It needed 1 more to make 6 for gold than he might of scored

Kev

:(  :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 years later...

Frozen chips are OK but they remain alert, if you want them to relax and start having a bit of horse play try frozen burgers.

They're one of my favourite airgun quarry and I've found using the shot birds as decoys works very well. I mounted one as a flier once like you do with pigeon and it still pulled them in right underneath the decoy looking at it in amazement. :yes::lol:

They are very wary blighters though. I have spent many hours concealed in a hide, to no avail.

Others , have virtually walked up to the car and presented themselves .They dont seem afraid of cars.

I shot one raiding the bird feeders at my daughters house, the others 'kicked off good style' never heard

a row like it, but no more came down,And then , they avoided her garden completely for a number of weeks.

I believe they do communicate, just as other Corvids do.