Hey...

Jess

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya Jess,

good to know there are a few of us out there still supporting hunting. Kind of puts a bad spin on the Governments idea that everyone who hunts or shoots is either elderly and male with a bad taste in tweed, or a gun toting nutter! (apologies if you do happen to be an old man or nutter?! :/ ).

Sure you will enjoy the site, the banter can get a bit heated but is all in good faith. See you in the PW arms some time?

Pike :)

Welcome Jess. :)

When I saw this thread, I knew Jess must be a lady.

No new member gets more than one page of "welcomes", unless they are female. :lol:

Raging hormones time again, where is Millomite ? :/:lol:

LOL why me?

It was you guys who were like rabbits on heat when Gemma joined lol

Pick on the Cumbrian as usual lol

Honestly Jess, I aint bad!!! :*) :lol:

Scott

You lot arent THAT bad... You've all been polite enough to me... so far anyway! :)

Pike - Im definately not an old man.. Or a "gun toting nutter"!lol And actually, the majority of people who go hunting (at least with my hunt) are around my age now! There are still lots of older people of course, but every year i go there seems to be more and more younger people - and LOADS of children are starting to hunt more as well i think! But the Government dont want to know about that....

And, am i being really dumb or should i know what the PW arms is?! :/ lol

I now get plank of the year award as I can't get into it anyway!!

There is a Pigeon watch chat board affectionately know as the Pigeon Watch Arms but I have never tried to use it before and just discovered my works computer won't let me in! :*)

Glad to hear there are plenty of young people hunting - we seemed to have quite a good mix at Westminster. Never been out on a fox hunt but watched a couple when I worked for the National Trust. Would love to give it a go though but need to find a hunt that would let me follow on foot or put up with a bloke who can't ride for toffee! :/

I mainly shoot pigeon at the moment and will be an almost full time beater for the next few weeks but really enjoy seeing the whippets course, it's all about the day out for me

I found the chat room... and its empty!! :) Giving up on that!!lol

Most hunts let people follow on foot, you should definately go sometimes! Its a great day out :lol:

I want to try shooting, though id be so bad at it i dont know if its a good idea.... :/ Maybe ill just er, watch or something... :lol: lol

As anyone who has ever seen me shoot a shot gun will tell you - you don't need to be good at it to enjoy it (Don't even think about it Jim and LB :/ ).

I am sure someone on here will invite you out for a days shooting or if you dare brave sunny Romford theres plenty of shooting coming up round our way.