Sign in to follow this  
barrie0

Diy Ear Plugs

I bought some diy ear plugs for £14.99, it comes in a kit form where you mix two kinds of silicone and shape them in your ear and leave to set for 15 mins. Tried them out this morning and found them just as good as the sonic valve ear plugs and a lot more comfortable as well. :lol:

If you go to screwfix you can get a whole tube of silicone for under 2 quid, that is more than enough for several pairs of ear plugs :lol:

just go and see the Hearing Aid Dept at the hossy,.

I wear a hearing aid and have these kinda moulds, i always ask them to make a couple more and ask for them NOT to create a hole for the sound-tube. Perfect :lol:

Much Much more professionally made too.

If you go to screwfix you can get a whole tube of silicone for under 2 quid, that is more than enough for several pairs of ear plugs :lol:

You need the skeleton gun as well, that's another couple of quid.

"where'd you get them from barrie?"

Not sure if I can say on the forum, will PM you a link I found, as I paid £14.99 on that auction site, but have now seen them for £12.99.

I went shooting once and forgot the ear plugs.

I can't say that the improvised cigarette butts in the ears were much cop though.

My dads a train driver and when he used to be on detics back in the day they used to use tab end as ear plugs. He's suffered from it in the the long run! Eh? Whats that, you'll need to speak up!

Surely depends on how much of an empty space you've got to fill between the two??? :yp: