CPSA or SCTA

vandyke

Hi there, first post and must say this looks a great forum.

Im just applying for my SGC although i have been shooting clays on and off for a few years.

I want to join either the CPSA or the Scottish Clay Target Association. Which one do you think i should go for?

I only really want to join for the insurance but would rather make the right decision now rather than realise 6 months later that one offers more than the other.

I will only be shooting clays and will hopefully take part in a few competitions soon, so if i join the cpsa will that cover me for all competitions in Scotland?

Many thanks

Edited by vandyke

Simple, if you live in England, join the CPSA, if you live in Scotland, join the SCTSA.

Are you a houseowner, and do you have household insurance, if so you may already be covered by Public Liablity Insurance whilst shooting..??

Check your policy wording.

If you want to shoot clays in competition, you need to be a member.

Cat.

PS - Fill in your profile.

Be very careful before considering that a household policy might cover you for Public Liability risks of using guns or hunting. HH policies may cover the equipment, but rarely, if ever, PL. Some household policies will insure sporting equipment whilst stored in the home, but few when removed. Be safe and get Association Cover. If you dont want to shoot registered competitions of your geographic area ( ie England, Wales, Scotland, NI, IoM, Ch Is etc) then take out the cheapest membership - all of the PL covers apply to the whole of the UK. CPSA Clubman membertship ( non-competition) is probably the cheapest at £30-00 for £5m PL plus their magazine. You can click to buy it on EBay and you are covered as soon as you pay.

Thanks for the replies, I probably will join BASC. Not because I plan on doing game shooting but i just support what they do.

I will look into SCTA aswell for the competitions but after reading a few posts on here I don't think i'll bother with CPSA :blush:

I am working away at the moment but will get up to cluny in 2 weeks, will hopefully find out more about SCTA from them.