Vertigo?

Dunkield

thats just wrong i felt ill watching it ,its falling apart and could give way anytime from what i can see its not for me that one !! even clipped up ..

i would like to have seen them build it tho !!!

Edited by jayward

I live for that stuff!! :D

DSCN1445.jpg

I try to go climbing once a week too, depending on the weather. Theres something very peaceful about being on the edge, I need it every once in a while to keep in shape or I feel like a vegetable :good:

Must go there oneday, been to similar places in Italy and Norway. Luckily I dont suffer from vertigo :lol: but my dad is absolutley terrible with heights.

DSCN1647.jpg

But the kit costs a bit too :good:

Picture020.jpg

Picture032.jpg

Edited by Hunter

Incredible stuff that. I'd struggle to find the bottle to take that walk now even without the added weight and encumberence of a back pack. To do it at the obvious speed and confidence the cameraman did while filming is truly outstanding.

The most interesting point for me is what it says about the calibre of person who built that path, how they would have found the means to fix all of the 'scaffolding etc.

hunter, i went to meet simon yates a few months ago....and watch a talk about his latest climb/book..... if you dont know who he is, read joe simpsons " touching the void" simon was the rope cutter.........

simon is a great climber and writes great climbing books too.... joe simpsons books are a fantastic read aswell...

also, try arron ralston's " between a rock and a hard place..... he's the guy who cut his own arm off after getting trapped in a cannyon...... thrilling read....

im guesing from your pics your new to climbing, if this is the case, keep pushing your limits my friend, the world is yours.

this was my last ascent....i love this spot.... 10 mins from my dads house,well, at least the botom is ! an hour or so walking then 2 hours climbing to the top... spent a night up here on this ledge..... its awsome....

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm189/m...ye/mixed095.jpg

If you go back to photobucket there's a choice of link codes. The one with IMG on the start and end will bring up the pic :yp:

Stunning view, but you wouldn't get me up there. I tried to get into tree surgery a few years ago but was s******** bricks when I got half way up a large ash tree. I never bothered again!

• 7 months later...

Okay today (19.12.08) I have tried to find the original video that was posted by StuartP but the people who were hosting the video appear to have removed it.

I have found this:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NXrVG7aoizc

on you Tube but it's not the groovy one set to music.

Anyone got a video, copy or link of that original one posted by StuartP?