Good Luck Or What !

Birdboy

Having only just got my FAC and zero'd my .22 CZ Style on Sunday, you might remember i posted a photo of 3 rabbits i shot on Sunday evening. Yesterday, i had 4 rabbits and 3 rooks. Well, went back to the farm tonight and whilst scouting around for new rabbit areas, we stumbled on a fox den (farmer had big probs with losing chickens recently). We got very close and i could see two of the cubs just outside the den. I was approx 50 yds away with the rifle resting on a fence post, popped my clip in with Eley Velocitors, 2 bangs, and 2 cubs in the bag. Had another 6 rabbits and one crow this evening too, so great night out :yes:

Hope youve all had a similar evening.

Cheers

Gaz

post-11508-1211322430.jpg

yes mate on my permission there is one particular earth were there is four cubs and a vixen i have not seen the dog fox yet and i have been watching this earth for 2 weeks now

just one word of warning tho mate don't try having a go at the vixen and dog with a .22 RF it may kill them but give them the respect buy making sure by using a bigger cal.

I agree. Hadnt planned on using the .22 on foxes, but was so close to them, and used velocitors to give it an extra bit of punch, it was a very fair close range shot, and also resting an a fence post for extra stability.

Cheers

Gaz

I agree. Hadnt planned on using the .22 on foxes, but was so close to them, and used velocitors to give it an extra bit of punch, it was a very fair close range shot, and also resting an a fence post for extra stability.

Cheers

Gaz

don't worry about it, though not a foxing gun the .22 does the job as you've prooved at 50 yards and under its pretty lethal, only thing to note is if you switch ammo just make sure you know how it affects the POI and assuming you compensate you'll be fine. After all a farmer loosing chickens is going to get someone else in if you don't do the job. Make it humane but at that range you shouldn't have any problems

Cheers

Gaz

don't worry about it, though not a foxing gun the .22 does the job as you've prooved at 50 yards and under its pretty lethal, only thing to note is if you switch ammo just make sure you know how it affects the POI and assuming you compensate you'll be fine. After all a farmer loosing chickens is going to get someone else in if you don't do the job. Make it humane but at that range you shouldn't have any problems

So would you use the .22 on the vixen or dog given a chance at 50 yds ?

Cheers

Gaz

So would you use the .22 on the vixen or dog given a chance at 50 yds ?

Although not the preferred choice, inside of 50yds the .22 will do the job if you do yours and place the shot in the kill zone preferably the head, the .22 lacks the knock down power of the centrefire calibres so if you do shoot one in the boilerhouse expect it to run before it collapses. Personally all of the foxes i have shot with the rimmy have been no farther than 30-40yds and clean headshots have dropped 'em instantly (all shot with sub sonics too).

ust one word of warning tho mate don't try having a go at the vixen and dog with a .22 RF it may kill them but give them the respect buy making sure by using a bigger cal.

Respect? what are you waffling about at that range the .22 would easily wack an adult fox too, especially with supersonics in the gun.

Im loving the look of that cz mate, how much are they? Im thinking of getting rid of my semi auto and going for one of those!!!! :good:

well done that man, had the same result last night whilst rabbiting with .17, entered a grass meadow and eyes lit up about 200 yards,squeaked but wouldent come so rolled truck down the hill to 80 ish and still there, another call,bang big cub no1. keeper was well chuffed. carried on back up to top of field as we came aroud a corner another pair of eyes showed, called and another 4 sets came out of the pit behind it. had to bang on the truck to stop em coming to close, after knocking the first one over the others ran back to the pit hole, called again and they returned , by this time i was puffing and panting , the cross hairs were everywhere, sorted my breating out ended up getting the whole 5. these were near the 75 yard mark so not realy something to shout about but well rid of as wont be long before poults come home.

Cheers guys,

Evil Elvis - The CZ Style was £239 new plus SAK Mod, £30, MTC Viper x56 Scopes £249, so a little over £500 for the set up shown in the pic. Worth every penny.

Just got back from a few days away so sorry for delay.

Cheers

Gaz

[quote name='Evil Elvis'

Im loving the look of that cz mate, how much are they? Im thinking of getting rid of my semi auto and going for one of those!!!! :good:

Hi E-E just to let you know i recently purchased a cz.22 bolt action & firearms were quite happy to let me keep my auto so on the variation i said i wanted the bolt action for safty reasons whilst out lamping :hmm:

Thanks for the info GSAW

Would you recommend a supersonic round in place of Subs ? :good:

I would go for the accuracy of the subsonics. My CZ sprays high velocity ammo with 2 -3 inch groups the norm at 50yds, yet change to eley subs and the group drops to around 1 inch off the bipod.

inside 50yds the subsonic rounds only deviate by an inch (ish) between 10 - 50yds. The subs are also silent so any other foxes in the area will not be disturbed after whacking one over.