Air Arms S410k Carbine Help

bunnyhunter

Hi all,

Im new to the forum but have just bought a S410k Carbine, after reading the reviews its an excellent gun. thanks guys

However I wish id bought an earlier model.

I have notice its a new gun the 6 locations that used to be allen keys bolts have changed, 3 bolts are now done from underneath,

I have read posts about tuning and was hoping to increase the power. i cant follow these now. shame

I have the Land where i live so it's a shame i cannot make this excellent rifle better.

Please can anyone help... ???

Thanks.

Cheers guys I have taken heed of your advice it is putting out 11 on AA field pellets

sorry guys im a newbe whoops. :good:

Edited by bunnyhunter

f you go to air arms web site you can download the service manual but really you should have got one with the rifle if it is new.

i woudn't try to adjust it with out a chrono either they are very sensitive slightest touch and your iligal.

good luck :good:

well you can own a air rifle mate without a FAC ( fire arms certificate ) providing its under 12lbft. any over that (with ANY pellet! ) is classed as a illegal fire arm with out a FAC. To get a FAC you need to have a reason for having one eg pest control on your permission and you need to have a certified cabinet to keep the air rifle in :lol:

hope thats helped you :rolleyes:

I have both FAC BSA Super10 and sub 12 ft/lb S410k and they both serve a purpose but I wouldn´t bother trying to tune the Air Arms it´s more than capable out to 40/50 yards if you´re good enough. The shot count would reduce rapidly too even in .22 but far worse in .177. I looked into it and they said 15/20 shots in .22 in the carbine so I dread to think what the .177 would be? If you want FAC power go the right way about it, apply for your license and then buy one fit for purpose like a Rapid or super10 done at the factory :good:

Edited by peacey

over 12fts is illegal without a Fac,

if you get caught its 5 years in the slammer,

you should be able to get a good clean headshot from about 40-50 yards with a s410 ,

cheers

If you get caught, it's POTENTIALLY up to one year in the slammer if you were being silly somewhere and committed other offences to attract the attention of police leading to a power test of the rifle.

If however you were merely usuing a slightly over the top rifle in a lawful place and in a lawful manner the likely outcome is that the rifle would be confiscated as the police cannot return a section one power rifle to a non FAC owner.

I'm not advocating you adjust the power - in fact you'll find it very difficult with the recent model that you have acquired. Just note that some old bloke controlling rabbit or other small vermin on his pasture or nursery is not going to do time for using an old rifle that may be over the 12ftlb limit.

It's not very often I look at someone's profile before responding to a post - in fact today is the very first time.

I'm wondering what you do for a living ss12 that makes you able to ammend the section of a firearm?

A section five firearm is one that normal FAC holders are prohibited from holding.

Regardless of any of this you should not tune your rifle to above 12ft/lb full stop, unless you hold the relative FAC ticket. The argument about the farmer on his own land blah blah. Wrong is wrong and if that air gun is then sold on etc the future owner could get into serious bother when he/she gets caught with it. The day they license them fully will be a god send. Read the post further down about airgun trouble coming, the law can look on this site and read any of it, it doesn't look good on our sport to even give the whole "how do I tune my rifle" topic room on here. I admit I'm all for freedom of speech and the like but in these times we should be trying to protect our sport thats already under pressure. Sorry for the rant :lol:

Edited by peacey

I'm still at school at the moment, so i don't have any ability to amend the firearms act, this is what i was told by basc at the scottish game fair last year when i asked about airgun laws after being given many conflicting opinions. I was told when an airgun is able to produce a power of over 12ftlb with any pellet it becomes a section 1 firearm which means it must be held on FAC, if a section 1,2 firearm are held without a licence then the said guns become prohibited weapons because they are not held on ticket and come under section 5 in the eyes of the law

ss12

Regardless of any of this you should not tune your rifle to above 12ft/lb full stop, unless you hold the relative FAC ticket. The argument about the farmer on his own land blah blah. Wrong is wrong and if that air gun is then sold on etc the future owner could get into serious bother when he/she gets caught with it. The day they license them fully will be a god send.

Quite right at the end of the day if you don't have an FAC you should not change the power, you will be breaking the law regardless and will be punished.

ss12

Edited by ss12