Calling Hammergun, Calling Hammergun

red_stag88

Hi,

I am now back a boarding school. We have a .22LR range and i was missing my .177 airgun. i was wondering is it possible to shoot it whilst others are shooting .22 at self sealing rubber or do i need to use a pellet catcher? thus having a metal object which is against laws for .22 shooting.

can you help?

thanks

Sorry, but it's defninitely not a good idea:  air rifle pellets are likely to rebound from rubber which would be dangerous; and a pellet catcher should not be permitted in the vicinity of live rounds.

The only way around this would be if the .22 targets were long range, well beyond airgun range, and you could set a pellet catcher where stray pellets would not hit anything; and that you could obtain permission to use the range during a period where the range was exclusively reserved for air rifle use and no live rounds were being fired; and that this period was oficially enforced.  However, I doubt that this would be possible.

In any case, you certainly should not be shooting an air rifle when live round shooting is happening.