Bunny Popping :)

bunnybasher07

Howdy all,

I was rather bored today on my exam leave and thought about starting to shoot the rabbits on my permission ( which was hoaching with the grass gobblers ). So i started off about 7ish and had the first rabbit in the bag in half an hour, which was about 35yds and a clean headshot but it was very windy so i was rather lucky with that one, he got nailed off the bipod. Then waited about for a good bit but nothing was moving then i decided to take a gander to another part that we have shooting on. So i crawled upto a dry stone dike and ofcourse a dogwalker 50yds out :good: ( made my day ) but i had my trustworthy ghillie hat on so he didnt even see me :yp: ( stupid man ) they are in a world of there own some of them.

Anyways i doubled back on myself and went to yet another part where i knew i wouldnt be dissapointed and i wasnt :D there was around 25 good sized wabbits filling there chubby mouths around 120yds away , which made my smile hit my ears :P . It was a difficult place to use cover ( just a open field really) and a railway about 20 odd yds away, i got on my belly and started crawling B) :P like rambo himself and by the time i got into range there was still about 20 good sized rabbits still sitting out, and with the sun in there eyes and the wind in my face it was perfect. I got the bipod out and shouldered the airgun ( bsa scorpion .22 ) and worked out the range with the paralex which was 35 odd yds and then i heard the good old sound of a train coming :P so i put the cross hairs on the rabbits forehead, took a deep breath and squeezed off the shot which went straight through it head and a puff of blood flew out the other side :D a nice clean kill may i add nd his friends didnt even notice. Then i reloded as fast as i could which was fast :P and then the rabbits started legging it in :o it couldnt of been me because i had the silencer poking out a clump of grass so i had a nice safe shot at his pal and hit him behind the eye yet again a nice clean kill. then everything started running for cover, that was my bag limit reached for tonight so i stood up and put the gun on my shoulder and a couple appeared 50 odd yds away (man and a woman) :good: thats why the wee ******* were running. The couple didnt even see me standing with 2 rabbits in my hand and breaking another rabbits neck from 10 yds away !!! and when they did, they didnt half jump but it was on private land so i wasnt bothered and she said she "didnt agree with shooting" :lol: which made me giggle because i was standing on a bunnies head and pulling its feet whilst his pal was twiching in my hand :lol: anyway a good night had and will attack them at all posts when my brother gets his new gun :D heres some wee piccies ...

The field

DSC00431.jpg

The couple :no: (in the distance)

DSC00432.jpg

The Bag :good:

DSC00433.jpg

Yours Truly :yp:

DSC00438.jpg

Cheers lads :no:

GM

Edited by bunnybasher07

nice report .

that`s a good bit of land you have there.

shame about the people.

there`s a public footpath running round some of the fields i can shoot on,

note to self

must remember to be aware of this .

stupid question but if all 3 were clean kills how did you catch the one whose head you were standing on while pulling at the legs :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Once we shoot a rabbit or anything ,even if its a clean head shot and we know its dead we still break its neck to make sure and not to prolonge any suffering, even if we know its dead :lol:

Thats why :rolleyes:

Edited by lewismac1

stupid question but if all 3 were clean kills how did you catch the one whose head you were standing on while pulling at the legs :lol:

Once we shoot a rabbit or anything ,even if its a clean head shot and we know its dead we still break its neck to make sure and not to prolonge any suffering, even if we know its dead:yes:

Thats why :lol:

why if its dead its dead surely and is not suffering? are you suggesting if you went deer shooting you'd be on the floor trying to break its neck :rolleyes:

Once we shoot a rabbit or anything ,even if its a clean head shot and we know its dead we still break its neck to make sure and not to prolonge any suffering, even if we know its dead:yes:

why if its dead its dead surely and is not suffering? are you suggesting if you went deer shooting you'd be on the floor trying to break its neck :rolleyes:

:lol::lol:

why if its dead its dead surely and is not suffering? are you suggesting if you went deer shooting you'd be on the floor trying to break its neck :lol:

You dont know if the rabbit is dead, its better to be sure rather it squeeling it head off just before it goes in the bag,

And deer stalkings different, and i havnt shot a deer so i dont know how to break its neck :lol: (joke btw) :rolleyes:

Cheers

because ive heard that you can knock out rabbits sometimes and its a frame of mind knowin that its dead :lol:

All the best

GM

I used to shoot air rifles quite a lot back in the day, i remember what i thought was a perfectly placed head shot, just behind the eye, caried it around the field put it in the boot of the car all hunky dory, and all of a sudden the bloody thing started to jump around the boot, so i had to grab it and chop it, which cured the motion.

So i think you have a good practice there mate, keep it up, its not as if its a bad thing, making sure its dead is a good deed in my opinion, especially after my experiance :good: