Sugar Beet Tops

Hoppy

I found a harvested field of beet the other day with 5000 - 7000 birds on it! I let them have a bit of a feed on it, then walked them off at about 8:30am set up my magnet and 5 decoys, but they werent paying any attention to my pattern at all has anyone shot any decent size bags on beet tops and what sort of pattern did they use. I thought I was in for a 500 bird day i ended up with 12 for 14 shots.

we have had the same problem with fodder turnips , the birds are there but one shot and no more birds they sometimes came back but only in ones and twos . the only way we could get them to come in was tall pegs (2-3 ft) and put the decoys on them  or place them tight together in a bare patch . the bare patch was the best bet but only put the decoys about 3ft apart

i have the same trouble one shot and they go to the closest rape field we try to keep a few fields covered that is the only way at this time of year to get decent bag the decoy patern i use is 15 dead birds i  shot the field twice in the two weeks i got  37 and 58 two in the same hide second time try useing dead birds i got a pigeon magnet its spent the last year in the shed thats how much i rate them

hi lazza when i first got it i done well they came in a treat but last year i used it on rape a few times and they ignored it as soon as i used dead birds they came in again and nobody shoots on the farms i shoot as some are game shoots as well so they cant be shy of it on that land  i agree it brings them a cross but a lot of the time out of range if you want it phone me on this number 07977809472 and its reasonable