This old chestnut!

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

I have had .22 .20 but IMO .177 works best for me, no worry about holdover with the right pellet, it will kill anything a .22 will, trouble with the .20 there are not many pellets on the market, and hard to find, but if this improves I may think about getting one again,

mike

Thanks Mike.

I've considered changing to .177 a few times now, but I seem to have a hard time accepting that it will kill cleanly at the ranges a .22 does.  I currently use an Air Arms Pro-Elite @ 24lb/ft in .22 and it will take rabbits and crows out at 60yds.  (It could probably do it even further out but I can't!!).

What rifle are you using?  At what ranges?

Hi Steve

I use a mk2 rapid 12 lbs, I only take my shots up to 35 yds that is my limit.I am not much good after that. I see you have a FAC, so I can not see the point in you changing to .177 as you would end up with overkill, the extra power you have, a .22  imo is the best. and if you can take rabbits out at 60 yds, I would keep to the gun you know. (I wish i could shoot that good)

all the best

mike

• 3 weeks later...