went shooting saturday

well thought i would go shooting and so i did was lovely hot day in northumberland

thought i would get me self a couple of rabbits anyway got to the fields where i usually shoot them

and guess what not a rabbit to be had due to seeing 5 yes 5 foxes in the fields which pretty much dampened my rabbit shooting

so i pretty much gave up after seeing them running around

so roll on to when and if im alowed to have a 243 rifle then il get rid of them

just a matter of catching farmer to sign my letter for using a 243 already have one farmers signature on a letter so wont be long now with any luck then il be rid of them foxes

try to get close to them with the shot gun but could not get anywhere near them

so back to the car for a drink of juice and a bite to eat before setting of back home

well atleast i had a nice drive and a walk around the fields

whislt getting my juice and chicken and bacon pie out the boot of my car the farmers collie sneaked into me car and just lay on the floor on passenger side of car (cheeky little bliter) and went to sleep aswell so just left her there for a while till i decided to drive back home

There is more cubs about this year than i have ever seen before,they are everywhere.I flattened one the other night in the car just by whittle dene ponds,about six month old.One of about 15 i seen over the weekend driving about.Dont try and get close to them with the shotgun,just tuck in somewhere and squeek and let them come to you.If you come accross a cub by himself chances are he will come running towards you :good:

I came face to face with a fox at ten paces in my friends (the farmer) garden - unarmed naturally.

I was just dropping into say hi, before i went to zero my .222 in.

as said, cubs everywhere this time of year - try getting near on in January....

Edited by Weave