Hunting is on its way out......

Browning

I was on the train into London yesterday, and the group of hippies sitting opposite me were reading "Fowl Play", a book recently released by Animal Aid.

They were happily discussing how successfull they'd been in getting hunting banned and how now they could afford to turn their attentions to shooting.........

Check out their website

for an up to date compilation of the **** and lies that they

are spouting to the millions ! I have no doubt that our government are swayed by these

people, after all there are lots of them.

Unfortunately we're going to be in the firing line next lads....like it or not our beloved pastimes are going to get more difficult as time goes on.

It will be intreging to see if the banning of Royal past times actually takes place. I think that there would be alot of pressure to sell, that our current sporting country pursuits supplement the wildlife in our countryside.

The issue of breeding pheasants/game I could accept that this should be more closely controlled and that only experienced and sensible shooting should take place. I have personnelly been on shoots where guests with little live quarry shooting experience have taken shots that should not have been taken.

I think that we who love our sport so dearly, should demonstrate our commitment by ensuring we only buy game poults from breeders who work to standards. And all you shoot captains out there, ensure that you are happy that your guns are experienced enough to be safe and only take shots that ensure a swift despatch.

We are in control of our own destiny gents.

Watch this issue

Share your views gentlemen and use your powers as a sportsman to make the changes needed in your shoot.

Animal Aid was formed in 1977 and carries little clout in my opinion.. I dare say the Founders and Directors have and are making substantial sums of money from its subscriptions ultimately paid for by social security hand outs to these hippy type spongers who make up their core membership.

So obtusely they are making money out of shooting and associated country sports like it or not because that money is coming from our taxes !

I suspect they all eat meat and eggs, wear leather shoes and woollen clothes, consume electricity and gas and burn oil..... Of course they will vehemently deny all these things..

Hypocrites the lot of them... looking at their website uninformed ones also. all living a chocolate box top existance fuelled with free love and frequent spliffs.

If there were no animals to protect their campagnes would be directed at inter racial differences... We have all seen recently what these people and their cronies are capable of and its in human not in humane.

FM.

Guest Mr Pieman

FM,

your post is singularly the most bigoted, stereotypical load of old bo**ocks I've read on the site for a long time :huh:

Whatever were you thinking of by posting it? :):lol: B)

PP

Guest Mr Pieman

FM, I can either post my reeasons quantifying my comments on the forum, or pm them to yuo if you prefer?

You should know by now I get out a lot and usually have a valid, reasoned arguement behind any comments I make.

PP

I have been called many things before but certainly not a bigot which I take as an insult. I am certainly not a violent nor unreasoning person infact quite the opposite, I am by my very nature a Samaritan.

I support the BASC and CA am a member of the National Trust, BTO, and RSPB.

I also contribute a not insubstantial sum each month to Cancer Research UK, and the WWF.

Over the last 75 to 80 years the countryside in which I my father and my Grandfather before us live has been systematically eroded and dismantled directly and indirectly by the actions of those who in the main know nothing of our inherited way of life.

Animal Aid and organisations akin to them are not in sympathy with this existence their arguments and campaigns are often uninformed and based on erroneous observations. I have witnessed first hand the actions of some of these so called Animal Right Activists and it is a wholy anti social ammalgamation of low lifes and undesirables. I have first hand experience of their millitant arm when I was at University.

I and my colleagues in the local Hunting and Shooting fraternity would never even consider the immoral action of exuming a corpse to force a point of propaganda but you see we are dealing with people who have tried the legal route to obtain what they want, have been rebuffed and have subsequently resorted to acts of violence and inhumanity.

Animal Aid campaigned vociferously and not without some major financial outlay for a ban on Hunting and now it seems they are to turn their attentions to other channels which will impinge upon me and people like me and prevent us from doing what I want to do legally... Where is the democracy in that ?

They are active against Shooting, Hunting and Horse racing, the three things I my Father and Grandfather before us hold dear, and will turn their attentions to Fishing, and Dog racing before too long.. Is the Humble Pigeon fancier assured of immunity?

I hope to be able to continue my Country pursuits without the intervention of a misled bunch of dogooders, and hope that my son will follow suit and I have the opportunity to teach him in the way I have been taught.

The Hunting fraternity thought they were untouchable, were complacent, and did not counter campaign in any strength until it was too late.. I am certainly not about to roll over and let these sorts tickle my tummy... I stand up for what I believe is right, and if my (and thousands like me) way of life is to be maintained we have to take the appropriate action now not 10 years time when it is too late. This current apethetic, ostrich type attitude will lead one way and one way only!

Ok so I admit my post may have been a tad immature and categorising but Animal Aid and Organisations like them who are trying to change the face of democracy and work outside their remit should stick to what they do best and that is to champion the cause for the cessation of real animal cruelty and not try to attend to areas they know nothing about.

I will gladly retract my comments Pieman, which you found to be offensive but bigotted I am not. I still maintain my stance on the hardcore membership of these organisations which we have all seen in action. They are free to go about their daily existance living on social security hand outs provided indirectly by the likes of you and I, and then have the down right gall to criticise my chosen passtimes.

I for one will never accept this.

Regards,

FM.

Lurcherboy... I am not a political animal as such but I would ceratinly pull a wind through the Labour back benches, and incase you hadnt noticed the Champion of the Animal Aid Organisation is none other than Tony Benn.. need I say more.

Guest Mr Pieman

FM,

personally I think you should have taken up my offer of sending a pm. By your subsequent post I presume you are happy for this debate to continue online.

Unfortunately you are a bigot sir, and I will support that assumption about you further into this post.

Your second post I view as nothing more than a smoke screen to detract from your appaling comments in your first. You are trying to go from 'caught in the act' to 'just happened to be there'.

For example, you run through a long list of things you belong to and give money to. Whilst very noble it counts for nothing I'm afraid. Why would you making incredulous statements be negated by the fact you give money to a Cancer charity? So what? None of that precludes you being bigoted in your outlook on life.

Yes, certain groups do protest and campaign against us and our sport but that's life. They accuse and we counter. its always been that way and always will. God only knows where from and why you make reference to pigeon fanciers.

You make reference to these groups moving from shooting to fishing and dog racing. On what grounds do you make that inflammatory statement? Is there evidence? Or are you just spreading propoganda for your cause? Isn't that what the groups do about us and you are so vocal about. Or, as its our cause and we deserve the moral high ground, its ok for us to do the same?

If we go back to your first post, lets talk about your bigotry - that you seem to think is justified in some way. You refer to certain members of society as 'hippy type spongers'. It is both an inflammatory comment and derisory. You have NO idea of the membership of th organisation but you stereotype and belittle a certain socio-economic class of our modern society. I have no doubt that some members have long hair etc, but for all we know they could be barristers.

You 'suspect' they all eat eggs, wear leather shoes etc. So what if they do? It is possible to object to abject (as perceived by their members) cruelty without taking the stance of being a Vegan!! Of course they burn oil, coal possibly eat meat even. Slaughterhouses kill animals in a way that although not liked by all society is accepted as being acceptably humane. As for the comment about drugs and free love, it stands out a mile from this - and other comments you made - that you are totally intollerable to this societal group.

You further cement this Xenophobic attitude ( expanding the Xenophobic model to incorporate group division within socio-economic divisionary protocols) in your last paragraph on your second mail. It reads ' They are free to go about their daily existance living on social security handouts provided...' The statement is so open to conjecture and dis assembly its unbelieveable. If these people are such no hopers why are you so scared of them?

The actions of people exhuming the dead is unforgivable. Equally, so is dumping carcasses in the centre of Brighton. In reality both are equally appalling - one will offend an individual more than the other. I know people that would be far more distressed by the animal incident. In analysis, both the things are essentially the same. Carrying out shock tactics to highlight a believed cause. Personally, I think they are both wrong.

By your very nature you are NOT NOT NOT a samaritan. You have a large societal group that you are intolerable to and I do not believe would help if asked.

In summary, you can be whatever you believe you are. However, I will tell you that from the way you write you are both bigoted and Xenophobic. It may be time to ask yourself what you really believe.

Bigot - an obstinate and unreasonable adherent to a differing opinion, an intollerant and narrow minded person. (Shorter Oxford Dictionary 2003 p 231).

I will strongly defend my sport in an appropriate and resposible way. I suggest you do the same. Fighting talk will make you look a mindless thug and anyone with a modicome of interlect will tie you up in knots.

PP

PS Kdubya, your comment doesn't make you a bigot, it makes you an inane ****.

PPS Webber, its not about taking sides. Try posting something constructive or shut up.

Pieman

Hows this for constructive.

You try doing the same!

Second thoughts, dont bother, because I doubt that following your latest outburst of diotribe that anyone will bother to read it, let alone waste their time on a reply. I certainly shant! Its you who can stew in your own biggoted juice.

webber

Pieman.. Are you the same Pieman we have all come to know and respect or has some inebriate stolen your PW identity ? Thank you for the courtesy of your reply which I find father condescending and patronizing to other readers of the Forum who may not have the same vocabulary at their disposal as do we.

You are of course entiltled to your opinions and I respect that, I dont necessarily agree with them but I it is not in my nature to insult a fellow member of the Forum.

I would rather vent my spleen on someone who is anti the country pursuits I support rather than test my reasoning on some one who is obviously alienated from the University debating society. Who knows what the outcome might be as you appear to be a scholar and admirable orator not withstanding the fact that you appear to run outside the perameters of my previous post. I cant quite see the Xenophobic connection I am afraid and as for tying me up in knots.. well I think not.

The pen indeed is mightier than the sword but words are not enough in light of the recent developments affecting our sport. Its time to nail your colours to the mast.. Are you one of them or one of us? From the tone of your post it is difficult to deduce. however I shall not rise to the bait.

Please carry on defending your sport how you see fit, I hope that your personal campaign is successful, However if appeasement is your chosen route I doubt very much it will be.

Yours cordially,

FM.

Guest Mr Pieman

FM,

What makes you think other forum members would have difficulty with this? I'm certainly nothing special in the vocabulary stakes - what are you insinuating FM? I have a feeling you are a veritable scholar whereas I am just a 'umble bunny catcher that likes things explained and justified in black and white. Any gaps leave spaces for the antis to pick away at us.

Believe it or not we do fight for the same side, I'm just trying to demonstrate how the pen can confuse and infuriate us! The 'other side' have plenty of academics in their ranks. The battles will be won with words, nothing more and nothing less. And never forget - After all is said and done, there will be a lot more said than done :lol:

Keep smiling, its Saturday soon :)

PP

Webber. Only one 'g' in 'bigoted' mate. Nice try though xx

If my interpretation of what the Pieman is saying is correct, I agree with it completely.

Which does not mean that I disagree with Mike, or anyone else defending our sporting rights.

What does concern me, is the evidence by a lot of the posts on here recently, that many of us are no better than the people who oppose us.

Our stereotyping of "Antis", is as wrong as them assuming that we who are interested in hunting and shooting, are all "toffs" or fiendishly cruel people.

The tactics they apply and threaten , are not far different from the mindless suggestions you can read on here, from time to time.

Often members will point out an "Anti" website and draw attention to the inflammatory and ill thought out postings on it, which we are invited to ridicule and use as evidence that these "Antis" are morons.

I wonder whether "Antis" use this site as a similar example of the hunting and shooting fraternity.

Its very easy to let emotions run away with us, but I believe we will achieve more by being responsible.

I have marched, donated substantial sums and will do so again.

I will also take every reasonable step I can, to protect our freedoms to hunt and shoot ( and fish).

My belief is that we are all really singing from the same song book, but perhaps a few of us are on different pages.

Perfect harmony is a lovely sound to hear. :)

Pieman.. I have a unreserved respect for you particularly in the light of your recent personal tragedy when I and other members saw how you conducted yourself with the uptmost dignity and resolve.

We must however agree to disagree on our philosophy of those who would jeopardise our sport, save to say that our motives as Cranfield so eloquently highlighted are one and the same.

To this end I am offering an Olive Branch which I hope you are prepared to accept on the understanding that I keep my opinions about our adversaries to myself in future.

What say you ?

FM.

Lurcherboy... I am not a political animal as such but I would ceratinly pull a wind through the Labour back benches, and incase you hadnt noticed the Champion of the Animal Aid Organisation is none other than Tony Benn.. need I say more.

I, and many others, know of Mr Benns activities thank you FM. I am sure you would put the wind up the backbenchers and yes, you have said enough.

Lets hope that Ern now seals this topic. Ern?

LB :)