BISLEY MEET 2008

kip270

BASC whats that?

I don't see the point of insurance, I'm never going to have an accident.

My BASC card runs out on the 30th August I think, I have my NRA card so it doesn't matter anyway.

Oh, typical, I'm alright Jack, I have a card, you lot can watch me shoot. :P

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BASC whats that?

I don't see the point of insurance, I'm never going to have an accident.

My BASC card runs out on the 30th August I think, I have my NRA card so it doesn't matter anyway.

Oh, typical, I'm alright Jack, I have a card, you lot can watch me shoot. :good:

Been in touch with BASC, they are going to send me a new card, t'other one was 'lost in the post'. So I wont be taking guns just for MC to play with and gloat whilst he is doing so.

Can everyone who is shooting at Bisley make sure that they are carrying their insurance and membership card to BASC or whatever. Chances are you won't be asked for it, I certainly won't but if a range officer does and you haven't got it then you won't be allowed to shoot.

This will apply more on the sunday when we will be on century range as there will be more people around.

Cheers

Martin

Martin,

I joined online and haven't received a card, shall i just bring a print of the email they sent me?

Can everyone who is shooting at Bisley make sure that they are carrying their insurance and membership card to BASC or whatever. Chances are you won't be asked for it, I certainly won't but if a range officer does and you haven't got it then you won't be allowed to shoot.

This will apply more on the sunday when we will be on century range as there will be more people around.

Cheers

Martin

Martin,

I joined online and haven't received a card, shall i just bring a print of the email they sent me?

Email them and explain that you need it, they will put it in the post.

Edited by bob300w

Yep, I was planning on having a go on the rifles on Sunday having never done it before.

Might even come over and camp Friday night for beer and gorging on burgers then come back on Sunday to shoot a few rifles which people have kindly said I can have a pop on.

Have paid the £10 fee just need to know what the ammo will cost but can work that out on the day I guess.

Edited by Dr W

If you just want to have a go then you are welcome to shoot mine FOC, if you want to blat hundreds of rounds then they are about 40 a shot.

£40 or 40p, are they solid gold?

More than happy to chip in costs, probably not hundreds but a few, perhaps set up a collection tin which I can feed :good:

ha ha

What was good enough for the people's princess is good enough for me.

(to be honest I do love it, you have to be passionate to own one, to deal with all the little funnies it throws at you)

Is there an up to date list of who is going to Bisley? The sticky thread at the top seems to be out of date.

Edited by Dr W

If you just want to have a go then you are welcome to shoot mine FOC, if you want to blat hundreds of rounds then they are about 40 a shot.

£40 or 40p, are they solid gold?

More than happy to chip in costs, probably not hundreds but a few, perhaps set up a collection tin which I can feed :yp:

Ah, but this is not just ammunition, this is copper jacketed, brass cased, boxer primed, powder-filled while the sun sets gently in the western sky over Bradwell Power station, Mersea Island ammunition.

Edited by bob300w

Dr W, a quick look gives me:

Axe

Bagsy

Bob300w

browning gts

BSA Shaun

Bunny Basher100

Catroofel

Deadeye Ive

Dougy

Drovers

Dunganick

Dr W

Evil Elvis

Ferret Master

Fister

Garyb

Henry d

JJAxeman

kip270

LB

LEFTY478

Martincavie

Miffy

Mungler

Pin

Snotty

Sparkie

StuartP

Sussex Lad

Tulkyuk

If you are going but not on the list can you cut and paste to reflect :yes:

Edited by BSA Shaun

Axe

Bagsy

Bob300w

browning gts

BSA Shaun

Bunny Basher100

Catroofel

Chris v

Deadeye Ive

Dougy

Drovers

Dunganick

Dr W

Evil Elvis

Ferret Master

Fister

Garyb

Henry d

JJAxeman

kip270

LB

LEFTY478

Martincavie

Miffy

Mungler

Pin

Snotty

Sparkie

StuartP

Sussex Lad

Tulkyuk

Et Voila

As a side note, how much of a faff is it is I bring something big/fast, ie above the range certificate to do this test thingy they mention on the website?

Short version seems to be that you need to go to short siberia 200 yards (where we will be anyway) with an NRA person (good luck with that one!) Bloke with a 300 win mag did this and was back in an hour or so, BUT that only allows you to use that load FOR THAT DAY only :good: good isn't it . . .