People you haven't heard from in ages

JohnGalway

I have watched Ballykissangel and read Tony Hawkes round Ireland with a fridge and I must say this isn't the attitude that I have come to expect of the Irish. The Irish natural good humour and a welcome to stranger and friend alike are known throughout the free world

Now, either the TV and Hawkes is lying ( and why would they? there is no reason!) or your not really Irish and one of these plastic paddies I hear about on my yearly visit to the pub dressed in my leprecahuans hat and having the craic.

JimOfish

Grumpy old sod ;)

I was on facebook yesterday and found a guy who was my best mate for years. He got heavily into weed and moved away, and I haven't talked to him for three or four years. I'd pretty much given up on him, he had no job and lived in a little flat. Smoking the bad stuff had ruined a really smart guy, and I couldn't relate to him any more.

I spotted his picture on there and he looked like he'd tidied himself up a bit. I sent him a message and we had a good chat. It turns out he's given up the weed for about two years now, and he's back to how he used to be. We're going to meet up sometime and catch up.

I know these sites can be a pain in the ****, catch me on any other day and I'd agree with you. I'm just glad to hear that someone who'd been my friend for fifteen years is actually ok :hmm: