New gun!!!!!!

neil

Well i've been thinking about it for a while and i've taken the plunge,i've got a precharged rifle on the way.Its a venom viper(a venom tuned/customised webley raider)now im  after a pump and a scope and mounts.Has anyone got any recomendations on pumps?i see there are a few to choose from now :(

I think you can get stirrup pumps for about £99.00 (rws) from michael tawn (airgun world or air gunner).Other than that you could pay up to £150-200 pounds for a 12litre 232bar bottle.I had a much smaller bottle when i had a falcon fn19 probably same size as one on e bay,and it provided plenty of charges.

Regards sean :(

• 4 weeks later...

I do some SCUBA too, and while you will pay some extra for a 300 bar rated bottle you will be able to go longer between refills. Having said that most SCUBA shops refill bottles for free for their SCUBA customers (it's only compressed air and takes about 30 seconds) so the gift of some birds from the field or an invitation to go shooting should go a long way. Bear in mind that for a PCP rifle the bottle will be pretty much useless when the pressure is down to 150 bar so you should aim to refill it around 180 bar (hence the value of the 300 bar vs 240 bar bottle).

Finally - SCUBA bottles are required to be serviced periodically and need a valid service stamp on the neck to be refilled. This needs to be factored in to the overall cost - though if you say it is for an air weapon you may get some local "flexibility"

HTH :(