Im Going Shooting! :oD

Jess

Sounds like a waste of perfectly good sugar beet to me... :thumbs:

Im starting to think me with a gun may be a bad idea!!! I honestly have NO idea!!! Got to start somewhere though... right.... ? :lol:

Im sure they'll show me what to do an' all! lol

Hi Jess,

One end of the gun will have two round holes in it, point this end away from you. :lol:

Good luck

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ello , i have taken a couple of women/girls clay shooting

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM ******* beat me all the time !!!!!!!!!

Dont let any body fob you off with a "Girls" gun like a 20bore or a 410 jump in with a nice heavy old 12 bore

I tell you now you will LOVE it

Have a couple of pro lessons it dont cost much and you will benefit from it

Happy Shooting

WB

Dont let any body fob you off with a "Girls" gun like a 20bore or a 410 jump in with a nice heavy old 12 bore

Oh, dont worry, no "girly" guns for me!! If im going to do it i may as well do it right!!! :thumbs:

How much are pro lessons?! I have about £8 at the moment.... :lol: lol

About £20.

The three golden rules which you should always obey,

1) Treat all guns as loaded

2) NEVER rely upon the safety (if you have ever stripped a gun, you will see what junk they actually are)

3) Only shoot if there is blue behind it. No rabbits or foxes on your first day. I dont shoot them on driven days anyway.

Obey these three rules and you will have a cracking day. Oh and lay off the sloe gin too. :thumbs:

Hmmm... £20? Shall have to put up with my friend's "teaching" until they sort my student loan out!!!lol Im sure he knows how to shoot... :thumbs:

What is the difference between a 12 and 20 bore btw?! :lol: Clueless here!!lol

And i will certainly take your advice! Though, i cant think theres much danger of me even getting near anything living!!! :lol: I'll probably take half an hour just to work out what to do with the bloody gun!!!

I think by the end of the day ill definately be on the sloe gin... :lol:

£8k for a gun?!?!  :thumbs: 

Not much point me even worrying about it really though, as i will be using whatever i am given!! :lol:  Im not spending £8k on a gun... You mad people...

Jess, have a look at a pair of Holland And Holland. £50k for a pair :lol:

You may find it to be cheaper than £20.

One thing to remember is keep moving. It is very hard to miss in front. You will need to have someone to tell you which is your dominant eye, which is easy to do.

Keep both eyes open.

Use your right hand to point at a friends left eye. If you are right eye dominant, your finger will line up with your right eye.

If you are a lefty, but right eye dominant. Shoot Right handed. I have no dominant eye but am abidextrous too, so I choose to squint my left eye and shoot right handed. This also means when you come to shoot a rifle, you will also be able to shoot right handed - which as any lefty will tell you is a big advantage.

If you are given the choice, go for an over and under (barrels on top of each other). The sight picture is easy for most people to use. Also because of the extra weight they make you swing through.

A 20 bore is a smaller diameter round, with slightly less kick in it. I find it more of a pleasure to shoot than a twelve. I sometimes am forced to shoot 500clay days with a 12bore. I now have taken to using a recoil reducer on such occasions as my shoulder suffered for a few days.

Any Questions - don't hesitate to drop me a PM :lol:

Red

Keep both eyes open.

i cant keep them both open. as i have Convergance Insaffishancy it prevents me from seeing anything within 60cm's single, i see everything double within that. in other words, my left i was lazy, so my right eye did all the work. the left looks to the left and the right looks forward, so the vision does not cross which makes me un-available to see close things.

and no i dont wear glass's i just close my left eye :thumbs:

Aled