Competition.

Cranfield

Not really.  I used to do it the odd time when there were competitions at the game fairs, but I haven't heard of one for a while.

To me, airguns are only really for ratting and getting pigeons and doves inside barns and around buildings.  I can't get all excited about shooting paper targets or bean cans.

Most of the time, my airgun just sits in the feed room when I am on the farm in the off chance something came scampering along.

I would still enjoy the odd target shooting session now and again for fun, but wouldn't be on for joining a club.

I used to be a member of a club when i was younger (9 or 10 i suppose,i know i was there youngest ever member).I was allowed to have an airgun aslong as i went to the club to learn to use it which is what i did for about 3 yrs until the airgun section closed,while i was there i enloyed it very much and picked up many tips and info from the much more experianced members,i also made some good friends.That wasjust paper punching,not FT and i didnt enter into any comps but i did used to get through a tin of pellets a week between club and back garden :(

• 1 month later...

They run Hunter Shoots @ Lea Valley Air Gun Club , Hertford

www.lvagc.com    

Every Second Saturday of the Month.

Real good practise for Hunters.

The Club has up to Four Ranges in use most Saturdays and Shoots All Rifle & Pistol disciplines.

I Run a Pistol , Brocock tac & Co2 , range most Saturdays.

On Arena 4.

BOB/R

the targets i generally shoot are alive

it's just not the same

For those who think they need practice in accurate shooting and judging distances.

http://www.bfta.org

http://www.southdorset.ftc.btinternet.co.uk

It's a bit like miniaturised full-bore shooting. Lots of drop at the ranges involved.

If you kill everything you fire at, then don't bother. You don't need to practice.

The indoor airgun seen is more akin to smallbore rifle match shooting.

I shot field target competitions a few times about 4 years ago.

Its very intense in the concentration department,trying to hit a 5cm disk on a knockover target is not easy in a wind at 55 yards.

It wasn't really me but i had some success.  

It did improve my understanding of airguns no end, which I carried over to live quarry shooting.

With the write scope and rifle it is amazing what a .177 cal air rifle is capable of.

I shot field target competitions a few times about 4 years ago.

Its very intense in the concentration department,trying to hit a 5cm disk on a knockover target is not easy in a wind at 55 yards.

It wasn't really me but i had some success.  

It did improve my understanding of airguns no end, which I carried over to live quarry shooting.

With the write scope and rifle it is amazing what a .177 cal air rifle is capable of.

I have started lots of people shooting on my place, with clays and airgun targets.

A lot say they are not interested in killing things, but it's not long before they change their mind!