pigeon cartridges

erk108

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

i have used clear pigeon 6s but now i use eley reatree 6 1/2. so far i have been hitting well with them. i have now used 200 shells and my hit rate has increased from 3 per bird to under 2 shells a bird. i am a learner shooter. i got them for £164 a thousand. good price. i like the colour because when they have been fired and get dropped the pigeons do not see a bright colour and fly away. They are hard to find after when cleaning up so i just lump them in one pile once shot. I would advise you try them.

Anyone used Eley First 7 1/2 fiber over deeks ? The price looks good :good: I believe they use the same powder as Rio. :good:

Don't worry about the same powder or not, there's loads of different types on the market and the chances are a 24g load won't be using the same as a 32g load from the same maker due to different pressures.

What you do want to worry about is shot size and 28g of 7.5's is far from ideal for pigeons. Anything close will be riddled with lead and anything much beyond 30 yards will stand a good chance of just being pricked.

FM :yes:

Guest cookoff013

i get whatever is cheap and punchy, in that order. my personal preferance is hull, then lylevale, then Rio / gamebore / rc . i`ve not really used much else,

- however i`m working my way through some henry krank 30g#7 fibre, and rotweil 36 #4 #2.

hull is a nice cartridge, lylevale is a secondbest. i try and get fibre whenever i can.

i was very impressed by the value of rio ammo !