Fac air rfs +.25

brain dead

The post was about someone shooting a fox at point-blank range, where the pellet still has most of its energy and is easily able to penetrate a fox skull.

Even an FAC air rifle pellet posesses a fraction of the energy of a basic rimfire (about 100ftlbs).

I know of someone who has an antique precharged air rifle which takes .303 bullet shaped pellets (I think it was), fully rifled and is very powerful.  There is an insert tube to allow it to take a smaller gauge pellet as well, which fits inside the .303 barrel.

There used to be .20 pump-up air rifles by Sheridan I believe and I seem to remember somebody bringing out a .25, but don't forget that it will have to be no more than 12 ft.lbs muzzle energy, so the veolicity is bound to be lower than smaller calibres.

You might do better with a catapult.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes i think bsa used to make a .25 (cobra??)or somthing like that ,it was a bit ill fated at 12ft lbs because of the obvious problems of having to push such a large pellet very fast to flatten out the trajectory which would make it over the limit.i suppose 80ftlbs would do it though :unsure: but then we are back to the issue of "you may as well have a rimmy"which will still shoot flatter,is more powerful and a heck of a lot more ammunition to chose from