22 ammo ouch

It really bugs me that cci ammo and I expect the rest of the American stuff, is sold in the States for less than half what I am asked to pay at the local gunsmiths. I am solidly sick of this $=£ scenario when there are over two dollars to the pound. Someone - everyone is ripping off the British public royally. It seems to happen in all areas of high street commerce. I bet there is one big ammo wholesaler and that they operate a cartel with the outlets.

guys just bought some lapua ammo tonight 200 hp subs and 200 standard club and a bosx of 22 air arms field came to 36£. ouch :lol: .ah well going to the pistol club on saturday to get my first experience with a 9mm glock :lol: watch this space :lol:

I remember them 9mm pistol thingys we used to be trusted with them over here

now we can only get ak47s or mach tens and maybe the odd uzi,strange world,enjoy :lol:

well guys what can i say. practical pistol?? great fun but even at 25 ms it`s not that easy.i was on the target but no where near the bull. i shot a 9mm glock and a walther. addictive yes. also enjoyed time on the rifle range with my cz511. 50ms were all sub inch groups. the little gun done me proud.i`m going to have another attemp at it and im nearly sure i`m going to join the club

I think you can still shoot black powder pistols in England. I don't know where, but I think it is still legal.

I used to have a colt 185? repro way back. It was a lot of fun and I surely wouldn't have liked to stand in front of it. I could group about five inches at 25 metres without any bother. We shot them at a hundred yards as well. It fired .45 round balls. I still have the bullet mould and powder flask. As I recall it was cheap to shoot as well.

colt_brevete_left_side_.jpg

Edited by Evilv

If you want to shoot pistols you still can just do what I have and go for one of the long barrelled revolvers I have a .357 magnum on my ticket. greeeeeeaaaaat fun. :angry: & yes you can still shoot black podwer pistols I am in a club that shoots them on our 25yd range.

Rich.

Edited by craphunter

Yep, blackpowder .45 pistols are perfectly legal, and great fun. (If you ignore the smell and smoke that is.) Conical bullet is more accurate than ball. You would not want to load one on horse-back whilst being chased by indians!

Pic of my Ruger;

post-1705-1215377938.jpg

Yep, blackpowder .45 pistols are perfectly legal, and great fun. (If you ignore the smell and smoke that is.) Conical bullet is more accurate than ball. You would not want to load one on horse-back whilst being chased by indians!

Pic of my Ruger;

post-1705-1215377938.jpg

Nice looker. I'd like to get back into that if there was a local club. There used to be one in the Tyne Valley, but it vanished I think. I've looked for Black Powder links on the web, but the nearest one seems to be in Lincolnshire and that's way too far away. Actually, I liked the BP rifles best. The old club used to have trapdoor Springfields and Sharpes in a few of the sharpes formats from paper cartridges to .45/70. I had a three band enfield myself. I miss those days. It was a good friendly club.

British politicians produce useless legislation like a sick dog produces diarrhoea. All it takes is for some loon to do something disgusting and they run around like headless chickens looking for something to ban. I'm waiting for the first murder to be carried out with a wooden spoon, then they can ban them too. It makes me sick that the laws of society are devised on the basis that anything that can be used by a lunatic to harm people has to be banned for all of us. Presumably, they think we are all lunatics really, but we just haven't noticed our madness yet and so must be kept from harm. Stupid ****ers

Edited by Evilv

Nice looker. I'd like to get back into that if there was a local club. There used to be one in the Tyne Valley, but it vanished I think. I've looked for Black Powder links on the web, but the nearest one seems to be in Lincolnshire and that's way too far away. Actually, I liked the BP rifles best. The old club used to have trapdoor Springfields and Sharpes in a few of the sharpes fors, paper cartridges, .45/70. I had a three band enfield myself. I miss those days. It was a good friendly club.

Yep, pistol clubs were always more than just shooting clubs, there was no bickering (only at AGM's), just a crowd of like-minded people out for a morning's fun and a laugh (it's difficult to keep a straight face when using ol' blackie, if you've done it, you know what I mean). A lot of clubs vanished when pistols were banned, there was just not enough black powder users to keep them going. Why we were such a threat to national security, I shall never know.

Edited by bob300w

"British politicians produce useless legislation like a sick dog produces diarrhoea. All it takes is for some loon to do something disgusting and they run around like headless chickens looking for something to ban. I'm waiting for the first murder to be carried out with a wooden spoon, then they can ban them too. It makes me sick that the laws of society are devised on the basis that anything that can be used by a lunatic to harm people has to be banned for all of us. Presumably, they think we are all lunatics really, but we just haven't noticed our madness yet and so must be kept from harm. Stupid ****ers "

Quite correct, wooden spoons should be banned, I don't have a use for one, so why should anyone own one? As with fox-hunting, I know nothing about it, and I don't do it, so why should anyone else do it? And if banning it will win me a general election, what better reason can there be? But on the plus side taking away all of the legally held pistols has made this a far safer country to live in, totally free of gun crime and drugs, we must be the envy of the world.

"British politicians produce useless legislation like a sick dog produces diarrhoea. All it takes is for some loon to do something disgusting and they run around like headless chickens looking for something to ban. I'm waiting for the first murder to be carried out with a wooden spoon, then they can ban them too. It makes me sick that the laws of society are devised on the basis that anything that can be used by a lunatic to harm people has to be banned for all of us. Presumably, they think we are all lunatics really, but we just haven't noticed our madness yet and so must be kept from harm. Stupid ****ers "

Quite correct, wooden spoons should be banned, I don't have a use for one, so why should anyone own one? As with fox-hunting, I know nothing about it, and I don't do it, so why should anyone else do it? And if banning it will win me a general election, what better reason can there be? But on the plus side taking away all of the legally held pistols has made this a far safer country to live in, totally free of gun crime and drugs, we must be the envy of the world.

Really Bob, it's the people who cause this, and you are completely right, it is usually people thinking, 'I don't have a use for this and I don't understand why it should go on so it should be stopped.' Politicians only want to be re-elected to their plush jobs and good salaries. nothing other than the fame they get motivates them more than that. So if they detect a chance they can ingratiate themselves with all the urban masses, they grab it with both hands and pass laws. Take this knife carrying Jail presumption... What a load of ********. Admittedly, there are urban areas where thugs are terrorising people with knives, but why is it that I - a 57 year old male whose last speeding ticket was in 1973, should be automatically sent to jail on the unlikely circumstance that a policeman asks me what I have in my pocket and I produce my 2 inch lock knife? It's totally *****ng ridiculous. Of course it may get Gordon Brown some votes.

Yep, pistol clubs were always more than just shooting clubs, there was no bickering (only at AGM's), just a crowd of like-minded people out for a morning's fun and a laugh (it's difficult to keep a straight face when using ol' blackie, if you've done it, you know what I mean). A lot of clubs vanished when pistols were banned, there was just not enough black powder users to keep them going. Why we were such a threat to national security, I shall never know.

Actually, I found a black powder club across in the Pennines. It's probably about sixty miles from me though, so it's hardly a local club like the old one. That was only ten miles away and shot three times a week, so you could usually find a chance to go if you wanted. I reckon I probably got lead poisoning in those days and that accounts for my current loopy interests. I spent a lot of time stooping over a pot of molten lead in those days and pouring the silver fluid into my bullet moulds. The .58 caliber one took an ounce and a quarter of lead to make one bullet.

Anyway, they seem to shoot all kinds of interesting guns over there, pistol ammo lever action rifles, as well as a variety of muzzle loading and cartridge black powder stuff.