Starlings!!!!

dead-eye-dick

• 2 months later...

Daveman,

I am not exagerating when i say 35, It was many years ago and the starlings were feeding on a field near my home, there must have been at least 1000 birds in the flock and I fired my gun just as the birds lifted from the field, As I said in my previous post quite a lot of them were only wounded and I would not recommendanyone else doing the same thing. It was like I say a long time ago and I cant remember what sort of distance the birds were away from me

Highdowns- thanks for your response. Wounded birds aside (and we never ike to wound birds) doing 35 like that is, to me anyway, ust staggering mate. I only wish I could have seen it! But at least I can think about it.

Steve- yep I totally agree with you about popping starlings off roofs (see my earlier post). Fantastic fun. Although I've never had "a few dozen" mate. Do you know what your record is in a day?

Steve- thanks for that mate. I doubt I'd get bored popping starlings like that. Sounds like total bliss to me. Can I help next time you're having a go?- only trouble is you're in Northern Ireland. Re birds circling round. Took a pop at a pigeon on a barn roof once with an airgun and missed (so you see what sort ot shot I am). The silly ****** flew off circircled round and landed back in exactly the same spot at which point I blew its head off!