--found this--

milo2005

millions my way, in bucks there are millions of red kites, i mean loads of em, easy to see 3 in a day, very sad thing someone shot the nest, but its a way some people use to kill squirrels, they bolt and go to nest sometimes so just shoot the nest with some heavy carts to kill it, what a shame though this sort of stuff is sad.

Steve

Edited by stevethevanman

Young kestrel.

I expect the knobber that did this, did it deliberately but there is a chance that it could have been some thoughtless person blowing dreys out and they shot an old drey that has birds nesting in it. It's not the first time something like this has happened and it will happen again if people don't take more care by poking the dreys first.

FM

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think this is the appropriate place to make suggestions that someone has 'shot out' the nest...

You say it was done with a 12g?

And your proof?

Just remember this is a shooting forum and such things as this are best left off here.

Thats unless you want to hang ourselves out to dry..........

I don't think this is the appropriate place to make suggestions that someone has 'shot out' the nest...

You say it was done with a 12g?

And your proof?

Just remember this is a shooting forum and such things as this are best left off here.

Thats unless you want to hang ourselves out to dry..........

I take your point on this one, but rest assured, the powers that be are well aware that this sort of **** goes on on a huge scale in this country, despite the law. The pathetic denials are a waste of breath, it is deliberate and widespread, just very hard to prove. There's plenty of them out there working constantly to find proof and they will.

Unfortunately this is just a sad example of how there are plenty of occasions where the good 'ol country boys know **** all about their environment. This bird feeds primarily on mice, shrews and beetles, worms and stuff. Occasionally small birds will be taken, but it's hardly a threat to game interests. Pathetic mindless ******** :/