GOOSE

jordan

ah i was waiting for someone to ask about a Canadian goose for a while, what people say down here is : " if you get a Canadian Goose, feather it, put a brick in it after removing the insides, cook it for 12hours and then eat the brick!" dont know any recipes though, but dad was asked the other day and thats what he said and thats what people down here have always said, the meat(if any) is like rubber.

Aled

ah i was waiting for someone to ask about a Canadian goose for a while, what people say down here is : " if you get a Canadian Goose, feather it, put a brick in it after removing the insides, cook it for 12hours and then eat the brick!" dont know any recipes though, but dad was asked the other day and thats what he said and thats what people down here have always said, the meat(if any) is like rubber.

Aled

Aled

I think you will find they are called CANADA geese, no such thing as Canadian geese. And they are very tasty, the breast meat is just like beef, and far from tough, quite the opposite.

I suggest you try it for yourself before you listen to others.

Not being picky, just a bit of advice.

Regards

TUC.

What about geas that live in Canada?

are they not Canadian gease?

Dave :P

that depends ,could be french canadian geesees,or even north american geesees.

gotto check the passports :P

anyway the meat as tucker said the meat is good ,cooked well,though a lot of people here mix with pork and make a lot of goose pepperone,pretty dam good as well.

martin

years ago , i was in a Grotty Butlins camp on cheap wknd, :D a Canada goose walked into my kids bedroom from a lake nearby :) so i strangled the ****er to death :) it was crapping all over the chalet :P its supposed to be toxic :):) they are strong ******* :P

I hope you ate it digga :D:D That wasn't very sporting

years ago , i was in a Grotty Butlins camp on cheap wknd, :D  a Canada goose walked into my kids bedroom from a lake nearby :(  so i strangled the ****er to death :/  it was crapping all over the chalet :lol:  its supposed to be toxic :D  :D  they are strong ******* :lol:

I hope you ate it digga :D:lol: That wasn't very sporting

yes i did eat it Ollie, we were self catering so i plucked it, quartered it, and cooked it in stages in our tiny oven :D it was too mutch, so shared it with chalet next door, :)

• 1 month later...

We've just gone and harvested the Canadas on the golf course (I have to do this or I lose the rabbit shooting and ferreting) How long do you recommend hanging a goose before plucking and gutting. (No wise cracks saying you're suppopsed to shoot them to death not hang them !!!)

Had to catch one on a spinning rod as it fell in the water :oops:

I've eaten them before and the texture and colour was a bit like roast beef, maybe how tender they are depends to some extent on their age and diet ? Obviously cooking methods can help as well.