Post a picture of your Quad Bike here

malkiserow

I'll get mine photographed tomorrow. Its in our workshops at the moment having a winch fitted and tyre bead leak sorted.

The trailer is also being modified to facilitate quicker loading and unloading as the quad is now being used on a regular basis due to my current lack of mobility.

Be prepared to be impressed!

webber

mines here its a sym quadlander 250cc 4 stroke no mods comes with tobar and 12volt cigar socket forward and reverse automatic book price is £3900 i paid £1100 at that price i bought 3 and sold them i know the manager at the importers for symwaiting for a front rack and some gun clamps

DSC00509.JPG

Edited by SPARKIE

I'll do the write up now, and add the photos when I can get them done.

My quad is a Honda TRX 300 4x4. Its a 1996 machine, I've owned it for around 8 years, and have done a number of modifications ably assisted by my son Martin.

Many of the items have been obtained from Cabela's whilst a few are readily available items, and a few are bespoke self designed and made. I'll try to list them in the order that they were carried out.

Firstly we fitted a camouflage body kit and seat cover, together with camo tape to various items, twin gun grips were also fitted, and I highly recommend them.

Secondly, we fitted a twin cigar lighter socket and fuse protection. This is used to power a gun lamp and hand lamp. Shortly after fitting this the quad was taken to Scotland for its first trip, where the benefit of the electrical socket soon paid dividends. My self and brother in law went out on a reccie in the late afternoon, as we turned around to return to camp, I realised that we needed to get a spurt on, as the sun was about to disappear behind a mountain, and we still had some distance to travel and a river to cross. We made progress as best we could, but it soon became evident that we would be in complete darkness in minutes. The lights were switched on and we soon realised that they were inadequate. I plugged the Clulite into the socket and Steve spotted the way by standing up and shining the lamp over my shoulder. That was a trip that I shall never forget with several lessons learned.

Not surprisingly the next item for attention was the lighting. Some small driving lamps were obtained from an auto electricians and mounted onto the front rack.

Driving the quad around the farm in Scotland is great, but does or did have its drawbacks. I found myself acting as driver, lamp man and gun rest for McF, quite how long he thinks that I can hold my breath I dont know! but this also meant that I got few shots. We therefore made a gun rest to fit to the front rack. It was the resurrection of a previous gun rest project intended to fit to the side of the rangie with large suckers, it was less than 100% successful, but its reincarnation on the quad was a serious success! Its adjustable by removal of two pins and selecting the appropriate holes which suit.

For years McF moaned about the rear rack hurting his backside. We therefore obtained a backrest from Target Sports of Bolton, problem solved. Its also great for just lazing back whilst spotting with the binoculars.

Following on from my accident Martin modified the gear change to allow gear selection by hand. I realised that I was going to have to rely on the quad more than ever. This year we have fitted a RAM lamp which will assist whilst driving in the dark and be very useful for lamping rabbits.

The lamp was obtained from Cabela's as was the modified hitch and carry rack, unfortunately I dont like the rack on the quad, so will make a suitable attachment in the future and use it on the car.

This weeks quad feature has been the fitting of the a winch, and auxiliary battery, which should be useful on the shoot, and really handy if I get the quad stuck whilst out on my own. The small locker on the rear houses the auxiliary battery and solenoid controls. I also carry a simple tool kit and a small can of tyre foam in case of a puncture.

I carry a folding spade, which may be handy one day either as a spade or as a ground anchor. I also recently acquired a winching kit which consists of a couple of webbing straps, shackle, and pulley block. The pulley block can be used either as a snatch block or as a doubler to increase the pulling power of the winch.

I recently purchased some saddle bags which are handy for carrying drinks, food, insect repellent, first aid kit etc.

The trailer was purchased part finished, and has been modified a few times over the years. I'm quite impressed with Martins version of drop down supports which also hold up the ramps. Even if the clamp bolts loosen off, neither the posts, nor ramps can fall down; neat. The drop down supports stabilise the trailer whilst loading, and also allow the quad to be loaded without the trailer being fixed to the car.

I also obtained from Cabela's some lashings to secure the rear wheels quickly. These are currently being fitted, together with a modified front frame on the trailer. This will enable me to drive onto the trailer and into the rails, thus preventing the machine from moving when the car breaks. The frame will also have a lashing ring which will allow the winch rope to be attached to it, should it be necessary to winch the machine onto the trailer.

The quad travels covered by a camo cover, you can guess where that came from, and is secured with an elasticated net. The net is a minor pain, but the best solution that I have found so far.

webber

Not strictly a quad, and Im sure Ive posted the pic before somewhere... My argo 6x6. Fitted a Tbar lightforce 170, passenger gun yoke (to save arm fatigue over rough ground), drivers side double gun rack, red front lights for "stealthing" around. Flip down armrests for shooting off. Also phone holder for Ucaller, and a pa speaker mounted on the front. Also got a big rott proof cammo net cut to size that goes over the top. Pull up tight to a tall hedge, cammo over the top and you have a ready made hide!! Best part is you can take upto four people in safety, or 2-3 and loads of kit. Very low gound preassure too. My only complaint is its a bit noisy, need to look at fitting another muffler.

DSC_0780Medium.jpg

Edited by SidneyG

Not strictly a quad, and Im sure Ive posted the pic before somewhere... My argo 6x6. Fitted a Tbar lightforce 170, passenger gun yoke (to save arm fatigue over rough ground), drivers side double gun rack, red front lights for "stealthing" around. Flip down armrests for shooting off. Also phone holder for Ucaller, and a pa speaker mounted on the front. Also got a big rott proof cammo net cut to size that goes over the top. Pull up tight to a tall hedge, cammo over the top and you have a ready made hide!! Best part is you can take upto four people in safety, or 2-3 and loads of kit. Very low gound preassure too. My only complaint is its a bit noisy, need to look at fitting another muffler.

DSC_0780Medium.jpg

I like it SidneyG, almost looks like it could double as a boat! :/

Liking you set up Webber. The piece of c**p i use has a blimmin hand throttle thing that gives you thumb cramp. It's not mine though, I wouldn't want to walk so i guess i can't complain.

Heres mine a 1995 Honda Foreman 400, with a home made front bash plate and belly plate, I can switch the main light on and off independantly of the others. and its road legal, and now for the list of broken things: exaust pipe(now its straight through) front drive(now its only 2wd) speedo (i fell onto it when I dove a speed into a ditch :blink: ) fornt brakes , the list goes on, but hey it still works :/

post-5450-1217003634.jpg

but we might replace it with one of these :hmm:gator_850D_large.jpg

Edited by EdwardtheloneShooter

• 2 weeks later...
Heres mine a 1995 Honda Foreman 400, with a home made front bash plate and belly plate, I can switch the main light on and off independantly of the others. and its road legal, and now for the list of broken things: exaust pipe(now its straight through) front drive(now its only 2wd) speedo (i fell onto it when I dove a speed into a ditch :good: ) fornt brakes , the list goes on, but hey it still works :good:

post-5450-1217003634.jpg

but we might replace it with one of these :hmm:gator_850D_large.jpg

we have them on the farm in the usa, great fun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Would it be hard to pick up a bit of an old and tiered quad for under £400 from a farm ?

Aslong as it goes so it gets me round thats all that matters ! :good:

They usually have some good hondas but might be abit more than £400

http://www.fieldens.co.uk/atvs/

Or this

http://www.farmingmachines.co.uk/list/1

or you could get this QUAOZ 250S in wait for it its comes in army colour not camo colour but army colour.

looks to me like a heap o' junk

250ccFarmQuadATV4-full;init:.JPG

• 2 weeks later...