New protest for end of session?

Pike

To answer your question Pike,

Countryside Alliance has already written to Attorney General Lord Goldsmith giving notice it will challenge the legality of the 1949 Parliament Act if it is invoked.

There are also plans to take the issue to the European Courts of Human Act on the grounds a ban unfairly denies people trade.

Once a ban goes through, pro-hunt campaigners intend to exploit any loopholes or even openly defy the law. They could also mount political campaigns against Labour MPs in marginal seats.

Simon Hart, president of the pro-hunting Countryside Alliance, said: "This is not the end of our campaign - it is just the beginning of the next stage."

Fromm BBCnews

It aint over till the fat lady sings !

I would never condone the deliberate breaking of properly constituted laws of the land but I know of one local magistrate who has already publicly declared his intentions to defy any ban and a well known titled landowner who will, he says, invoke Baronial rights to continue hunting on his Estate.

As for me I shall continue to support the VWH and Berkeley Vale Hunts as I have done for years.

Also and for what it is worth The Parliament Act, which will no doubt be invoked by the Commons still has to be presented to the Monarchy for consent. Who really knows what might happen then.

I was at Cheltenham 2 Days last week for the Countryside day which was in support of the CA and The Spinal Injuries Association. The CA put up a very good argument against the cessation of Hunting with dogs and there was also a brilliant gun dog display... It was noticable that the Big names are starting to enter the afray.. Its not what you Know its who you know ! :P