1 for the technical bods

Right lads, thinking caps on please. Is my flapper ----ed.

When I connect it up, it won't work so I go through a process of elimination as follows.

1-connect flapper directly to battery, it works so motor OK.

2-connect timer to battery & check output from timer-12v so timer OK.

3- connect timer to battery & timer live output to flapper, leaving timer neutral off, check between connected live & open neutral-12v.

4- connect timer to battery & timer neutral output to flapper, leaving timer live off, check between connected neutral & open live-12v.

5-connect timer to battery & timer live/neutral to flapper, nothing works, check output from timer-nothing. Hope you can follow my inexperienced fault finding, & MORE IMPORTANTLY hope you can advise me on a result. Cheers Mike.

well bit of a tricky one that

ok you have all the right voltages

the thing is do you have the right amount of amps (current) going out of the timer circuit to drive the motor

ive had this problem when repairing power supplys for radios the voltages are all ok on the output side of the power supply but did not have any amps so there for would not power the radio

easiest way to check for current is to use and indicator bulb which will draw about 2 amps to get full brightness

if still no luck you may have to replace the timer circuit

maybe an easy fix depending on the circuity

hope you manage to fix it

Edited by radio1ham

well bit of a tricky one that

ok you have all the right voltages

the thing is do you have the right amount of amps (current) going out of the timer circuit to drive the motor

ive had this problem when repairing power supplys for radios the voltages are all ok on the output side of the power supply but did not have any amps so there for would not power the radio

easiest way to check for current is to use and indicator bulb which will draw about 2 amps to get full brightness

if still no luck you may have to replace the timer circuit

maybe an easy fix depending on the circuity

hope you manage to fix it

Might sound silly but did you check the fuse??