Lamping

kevin15

Has anyone been lamping recently?. Me and two mates went out the other night shooting over 4/5 farms on the herts /beds border and the arms response unit were called out to us. We took it in turns 2 guns on the back of the pick up and 1 driving holding the light fast and furious over 100 rabbits shot. We didn't see any foxes i think they might have heard us coming. Good crack might go again this week.

When I use to lamp foxes, the farmers would not allow any shooting with shotguns after 9 pm, because of the noise nuisance.

They would not permit us to lamp rabbits with shotguns at all, for the same reason.

Eventually , it was all done with silenced .22s

I,m not suprised the armed response unit was called out on Kevins outing.

Over 100 rabbits shot, it must have sounded like World War 3.

We lamp very oftern with .223's and 6mm's and they make on hell of a crack and sometimes out till 3 am, and we have never had anyone complaining, and the farmer is more then happy with us shooting at night as all he cares about are that the fox's and the bunnies are got rid of.

Though for bunnies we just used silenced .22's and .22 WMR which are nice a and quiet aprt from the supersonic crack on the WMR.

James

The armed response unit went round to this blokes house next to the field we were in as they thought it was him shooting. He is well known in our area for all types of shooting. They soon realized it was not him shooting when he answered the door in his pants.The farmer phoned me up on my mobile but we were on another farm by this stage. I phone the firearms officer in the morning and he was fine he just said if someone reports someone else shooting they have to send the armed response unit out even if you have already told the police you are going shooting at night. Also the farmer was fine he is cutting his beans this weekend so we should get some good lamping on that next week. I have spoken the the bloke in question and he seems a really nice guy with a wealth of knowledge on all things shooting and has told me if i need any help with anything just pop round, so as far as me and me mate are concerned " Right Result "