Welly recommendations

Sprinter

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unseasonale post this, it ALWAYS comes up in December.

Same answer as last time, and the time before that - Chameau Vierzonord, mine are 8 years old and still going strong.

Going back to the 'how do you mend them' question I sliced the toe on some bramble and sealed that up with Aquasure and it worked 100% but you have to do it as soon as you see it and clean the cut out with alchohol or similar before mending it.

Another tip (from a Le Chameau salesman) is to not bother with their cleaning stuff, use Armorall instead to give them a wipe down every once in a while.

Right i have effected a repair and this will be tested in the next day or so.

Thanks again for all your suggestions and replies, the only thing i would say is in the environment i operate (daily trudges through briars and blackthorn thickets while chasing poults) muck boots and the like look about as durable as a chocolate fireguard, so please no more votes in that direction :lol:

Unseasonale post this, it ALWAYS comes up in December.

Same answer as last time, and the time before that - Chameau Vierzonord, mine are 8 years old and still going strong.

Going back to the 'how do you mend them' question I sliced the toe on some bramble and sealed that up with Aquasure and it worked 100% but you have to do it as soon as you see it and clean the cut out with alchohol or similar before mending it.

Another tip (from a Le Chameau salesman) is to not bother with their cleaning stuff, use Armorall instead to give them a wipe down every once in a while.

are you sure, i have just looked out the window and the weather says December :yes:

• 1 year later...
Aigle iso parc...Neoprene lined.....Sell dozens of pairs..Great value,Hard wearing...

Hunters...Rubbish im affraid boys.....Cheap option now...They've been left behind...We get loads of pairs back that have split or the heel's collapsed...

Hardly the cheap option at 80 quid plus a pair. ( you may mean cheap in build quality but not what you say)

I have a pair of baboo carbon and cant fault them at the moment

Do you sell wellies ? if so Do you do discount for PW members

Tom

Edited by Tom&Dexter

Hardly the cheap option at 80 quid plus a pair. ( you may mean cheap in build quality but not what you say)

I have a pair of baboo carbon and cant fault them at the moment

Do you sell wellies ? if so Do you do discount for PW members

Tom

Hunters are the cheap option now..standard hunters are £35 a pair..Bamboo carbon are £80 your right....But any other bamboo would be more money.....In our shop there considered by staff and customers alike to be the cheap end of the market now........Aigles are the way forward now......

Its not my shop....I work for Mole Valley Farmers...

P.S...Mole Valley sell orange starting pistols for dog training tom....

Another vote for Aigles here, most comfortable boots I have ever owned.

I have owned mine for 15 years although they have only been used regularly for about 5 years. They have endured a fair amount of walking although not heavy use to be fair. But they are still going strong :blink:

I bought the Seeland wellie £120,comfortable,if a little lose at the heal,very warm so i rate them,my wife has just bought Le Chamau,she loves them too,

AS for cheap wellies,dunlops for £10 ,total rubbish,I've had 4 pairs in 3 years.I don't use wellies hard and i've never had a pair last more than 3 months