Welly recommendations

Sprinter

Funny this.....I was just getting ready to post a "help me pick a pair of wellies topic"

I'm stuck between Aigle Parcours and Le Chameau Vierzonord.

Any advice either way?

Try both, it seems to me that Aigles are more keenly priced and they have moved the design on somewhat over the Chameaus. I.e the gusset area on the Aigles seems far better than the on the Chams.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What ever you buy, don't leave them in the sun when you aren't wearing them.

My friend has a 3 year old pair of Agles that have perished along the side so they now leak like a sieve, I would have said based on that get the Chameaus, but his wives Vierzonord's have done exactly the same - that's over 250 quid's worth of scrap wellies... :yes:

hi , i bought a pair of muckboot co tay boots , cost around 60 quid and are the best boots i have ever owned , i have had hunters , aigles etc and have found these the most comfortable and warm , i went up to scotland goose shooting a few years ago and all the guides were wearing them so i thought if they are good enough for them they have to be good seeing as though they are out six days a week in all weather . ther are a few converts around my wy now and all say the same , they are ace for the money !! :yes:

Parcours Iso is a model with 4.5mm neoprene.

Parcours Outlast is the model with the newfangled NASA designed lining which 'moves' the heat to or away from your foot.

Vario is the name they give to the adjustable gusset on the side. They come with or without it.

Just bought a pair of Parcours Vario Outlasts.

Edited by Windy

I have a pair of Aigles had then 4years paid about £85 for them they are very comfortable and warn the only problem i have is with them being neoprene i have great difficulty getting them on so today i have just been and bought a pair of muckboots a bit stiffer in the calf area but easier to get on ... :good: :good: and only £59.... :lol: :lol:

I have a pair of Aigles had then 4years paid about £85 for them they are very comfortable and warn the only problem i have is with them being neoprene i have great difficulty getting them on so today i have just been and bought a pair of muckboots a bit stiffer in the calf area but easier to get on ... :oops::lol: and only £59.... :lol: :lol:

A little vid of them making them for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAwj8_5SuHk...feature=related

muck boots for me in the tay version (chuncky sole) very good boot which i use for shooting and grayling fishing 1 year old and no probs . too hot for summer use though . my mate has toggi and they are good too similar to aigle but a bit cheaper i think

with reference to which wellies to buy?, i've had most of the major manufacturers over the years. chameau vega have been the most comfortable and lasted well., chameau vierzonord neoprene were ok but perished after a couple of years.hunter glen trool with leather and full zip were ok but started to leek a the bottom of the zip. aigle parcours iso are very popular amoung my friends and seem to last, however no wellies can withstand treatment from thorns,brambles and dreaded barbed wire. my most recent pair were la crosse alphaburly sports, very warm, a little bulky. very comfortable,but, never again will i buy la crosse. after limited wear they've split up all rear of calf seams, it looks like they're not layered rubber like other wellies but moulded to look like layers. bloody ****. next pair will be aigle parcours iso! ps, i spend most of my life in wellies and i couldn't wear the cheaper plastic ones all day every day, although they are surely the most durable. ( heard mixed reports about hunter new balmoral, they look like they could be good).

By way of an update i eventually went for high leg boots. Meindl Dovre extreme gtx and i have had comfortable dry and very warm feet all season. So far i have done 35 days beating in them and countless other days feeding and messing about and they have not let me down yet, and i have been through some truely awful muck in them.

I did have one more dalliance with wellies, i bought a pair for days when paddling through 4" of water most of the day. Rubber neoprene jobbies £45, you guessed it, halfway through the day - wet foot.