PICK UP 4X4 DOUBLE CAB

pigeon master

PM,

Spent two hours in the new Nissan. It was like being in a bloody car. Fine if you want luxury or if your a hairdresser, no offence Webber, other than that good road car.

It may be good off tarmac with decent rubber and a turning circle less than your average oil tanker.

LB :thumbs:

Been passenger in a Ford Ranger Twin cab for about two years. It's the best out of the Big 3, (Ranger, Navara and the other one) It has a decent turning circle, and nips up and down the motorway nicely with two people's stalking gear and 10deer in the back. Astheticaly not to bad either. A cover to put on the back cost little.

Also, the forestry rangers our way have all been kitted out with a new Ranger too.

My brother in law has a Jap import Nissan king cab and it's a nice bit of kit. You can fit five people in it easily (lots of leg room too) or two people and a couple of dogs.

The only complaint I have with them as a whole is that you are compromising load space in the pickup bit for the extra seats. That said, you can fit half a ton of sand, half a pallet, a spade and two mountain bikes in the back, so it's not too bad.

Wookie

p.s. You could always go for a Land 130 and get the best of both worlds!

Hi Guys,

I have used these overseas in the military quite often. The problems I have encountered are the rear doors don't open very far which can make access to the rear awkward also there is little leg room in the back. The rear cover that fits to the back to make it a covered vehicle can leak badly where it joins the main bodywork. This may just have been the type that we were using (type escapes me), but from what I have seen of others, they all look similar.

Regards to all

Rimfire

I'm looking at doing the same thing PM, only taxed on £500 per year (at the moment). A few of the lads on our shoot are running the Mitsubishi Warrior, which

is my favourite at the moment. Plenty of room up front, but back seat legroom is

pretty limited. With a full back on it gives you bags of space for dogs, shooting kit etc, which is all I need it for.

On the road they drive well, and off road they perform reasonably well too.

One of the lads just bought one, full leather, GPS, 8,500 miles, 12 months old,

not a scratch on it.....£16,500

:( I been a pasanger on a motor bike but i would`nt recomend one :lol:

The Ford Ranger`s are **** with a top spead of 91mph :lol: and towing capacity of just 2800 kg. There very expencive for what you realy get but they do have a decent size load bed.

Nearly forgot to mention they only do 26 to the gallon worse than the Defender :lol:

The Warrior`s look good but if its a tax thing your looking for well you can claim the heavy fuel consuption back :lol: seeming it doe`s 27 to the gallon at just 95mph.

I think Master baiter i mean Pigeon Master :lol: you should be looking at the Hilux 36 to the gallon, towing 2250kg and top speed 99mph.

People have fought Wars in them.

Or you could go for the Tata Loadbeta :lol:

So lads,

over all they seem a good buy but they eat fuel.

Ive been looking at the nissan and ford models but the warrior is one mean looking vehicle, with a few nice bull bars they do look a good looking motor..."are we turning into redneck yanks over here"

The warrior is just too much cost though, any more views welcome and please tell me someone gets more than 30 mpg at 56. gutted about that, the tranny gets more than that.

Cheers lads, you maybe stopped a rash buy. :lol:

The PM

:( I been a pasanger on a motor bike but i would`nt recomend one :lol:

The Ford Ranger`s are **** with a top spead of 91mph :lol: and towing capacity of just 2800 kg. There very expencive for what you realy get but they do have a decent size load bed.

Nearly forgot to mention they only do 26 to the gallon worse than the Defender :lol:

The Warrior`s look good but if its a tax thing your looking for well you can claim the heavy fuel consuption back :lol: seeming it doe`s 27 to the gallon at just 95mph.

I think Master baiter i mean Pigeon Master :lol: you should be looking at the Hilux 36 to the gallon, towing 2250kg and top speed 99mph.

People have fought Wars in them.

Or you could go for the Tata Loadbeta :lol:

Vimm,

Is that the new ranger or the old 'un?

If you want the ultimate offroader - get a hummer :lol:

My Dad has a Ford Ranger and a Mazda B2500 4x4 both twin cabs. The Mazda is the same car as the Ranger just a different badge and cheaper to buy initially but the spares are dearer. They are both good off road with the right tyres and its great to have seperate space to put your smelly gear in. The mpg is good but not as good as the Nissan.

PM,

I tried a few and then bought the Mitsubishi L200 and find it a top motor, as said the rear leg room is limited but as you are in the front that doesn't really matter, :(

It does around 28-30 to the gallon if driven sensibly and tops out at around 110 mph (so I'm told)

I have the sports carryboy back on it which is good for security and can be removed if need be and It handles well off road (it has Goodrich all Terrains on it).

If you are going for a New vehicle I am told that the New Nissan Navara is better as it has a tighter turning circle, is faster and does more mph, but if you are going for a used Motor, the Mitsy is the way to go. :lol:

If you do look at a new Nissan, Make sure it is a Navara and not a badged up cheaper model, The Navara has "Digital Climate control" Not "Air Con".

110mph :( There aint half some ****e spread from misleading second hand information vermin Pooper :lol:

If you own one like you said you do i will give you hundred quid for every mile an hour over 95. This doe`s not mean off a cliff though :lol:

But like you said who give`s a **** about the rear passengers :lol:

As for turning circle`s if its being used in a field it dont matter what type of double cab you have.

Again your correct about the Nissan Standard double cabs getting badged up as well as priced up. Last week i enquired about purchasing one.

They wanted an extra 3 grand just for some dodgy colour coding and some poxy Alloy wheels.

The Navara model has all the extra`s but has the same performance as the Standard D22 Double cab.

In reply to red stag im mean the new **** one`s :lol:

My Company runs four L200 Mitzi Double cabs. The 2.5 diesel is a sweet unit.

We looked at all of the competitors and this was the best by a mile.

They have been incredibly tough and reliable and believe me they get some use off road and on.

I have a contact who imports them from Cyprus at big savings from the main dealer they are sold with complete Mitsubishi warranties which are valid throughout the EU.

Only the Nissan Navara came close in our research and test drives.

If you want a contact let me know.

FM.

The speedo must be wrong :lol: OR the manufacture`s guide is wrong :lol:

Now tell me how many mile`s to the gallon it doe`s?

NO NO dont because it will be more than the Manufacture`s guide and more than any other L200 :lol:

As for ****`s i never posed in big red pants bare chested :( :lol:

Yeah Yeah Vimm, Any time you like mate!!

scared to show your face then? and how about filling in your details? worried someone might know where you live?

I'll send you my address if you like, you can come over to see it for yourself.

why is it we come on here, get advice, give it where we can, have a chat and a bit of banter, Then there's always a pr1ck trying to puff his chest up, and don't you find it's usually the ones hiding behind the anonymity of the internet who always give it the big un!

You make me laugh! :lol:

Im giving advice pooper and having a bit of banter but like you say there`s always some ***** puffing his chest out in big red pants acting hard that cant take it :lol:

As for hiding i have already explained in a previous posting that i have a poor skin complextion :(

But realy i dont like giving jelous weirdo`s to much information about one`s self :lol:

I use a toyota double cab pick up,ive had it since february. I couldnt afford to run a defender at 23mpg to work so the next best thing is a Hilux,as for commercial pick ups it is the lightest and least powerful(bhp) in its class, so then it will give a good return on fuel and around 90 bhp compared to the navarra which is the leader at 136bhp but the mpg suffers as it does with the warrior and the heaviest of all ford ranger returns poor figures unless you get free diesel.Most new versions come with road tyres which are ok for most things and grass, but for stubble fields and gereral off road work new thought is needed as they are light long and need a different type of driving style compared to landdrovers when they are taken off the black top. So far this year my hilux has been where my brothers 90" Defender has been with his Bf Goodrich Mud terrain tyres and not faultered,I have been using all terain tyres which are well worn on the shoulders but have since replaced them with standard 205r X16 goodyear wranglers A/t's and they make no difference to how good it is offroad. I get around 31 mpg (combined) for the hilux, insurance is about £500 (comp) for where i live,I dont need to comment on the quality of the build or engine or even the 4x4 + transfer box as all are impecable,I got mine ex fleet hire from Bp and though it was a 99T plate it had a full service and only 30 thou mile and is a superd motor. It has proved great to lamp foxes out the back of driving round the quiet roads we get here using a team of three.Please remember even with huge tyres these cars are not landies and need a different driving style off road if you want them to get there some short sharp bursts and some slow 1st gear in low ratio to get where you want to go.The latest 4x4 mag rated the navarra the best and most powerfull but next was the Hilux though as I said is the least powerfull so the mpg is the best is was quoted as the more refined.

hth

clanchief.