Best decoys

gaz1982

Don't think there is a 'best' decoy. People have their own preferences, whether it is a half shell, full bodied, on a flapper, magnet, bouncer on a spring stick or wobbler. People use freshly shot birds or those that have been stuffed with chemicals. :rolleyes:

Think it may be more important in chosing the right location, where there are birds and setting out a pattern that will attract them. Most decoys will work given the right opportunity. :stupid:

Would agree with Si Bore I started with 6 half shell, and now have several differnet types, bouncers magnet etc. Don't need the half of it

Edited by Ballymac

cant beet a winged pidgeon as a decoy ha ha

You might want to delete that last bit mate, :rolleyes:

I remember reading an article in a mag something along the lines of '' how to get a pigeon decoying outfit for £500'' including a gun! Anyway, the decoys were made from empty plastic bottles which were painted to look like a pigeon, and (according to the article) they worked :stupid:

Edited by chrispti

The cheapest place (inc delivery). Get yourself 12 if you can afford them but be aware that delivery rates vary greatly.

Just do a google search for pigeon decoys. 10 spring sticks for £9.50 is the normal and well worth it as they stand out much more when they move.

Si

shot 114 pidgeons 7 crows over barley stubbles on owd mans place first time i decoyed. pattern was rough as first time but diddnt break cover cos of broken foot in pot(on crutches) left them as they fell. cant beet a winged pidgeon as a decoy ha ha

Idiot.

If you were able to get out pigeon shooting but then unable to move from your hide then what the hell was wrong with another shot to finish off a runner? It's not like on stubble you would be unable to see a fallen bird. Show some respect for your quarry not just how big a bag of birds you can shoot. Such actions as leaving a runner to attract other birds are a blemish on the sport of shooting and there is nothing funny about it as all you are doing is creating a bad reputation for all of us who conduct ourselves in a humane manner while showing respect to our quarry which is a sentinent being capable of feeling pain.

FM :good:

Well said Ferret Master. :lol: Stealthshooter, in my opinion, should not be allowed a pea shooter, let alone a shotgun. To openly brag about letting a winged pigeon run/flap around to use as a decoy is sick. :good:

Agreed

And again

Not only is it sick and inhumane to use a wounded bird as a decoy, I believe that the use of any live bird as a decoy, with the exception of Larsen traps, is in fact illegal...You had better hope that your FEO aint a member of PW! :lol:

I ALSO AGREE ( sorry for hijacking your link) :good:

shot 114 pidgeons 7 crows over barley stubbles on owd mans place first time i decoyed. pattern was rough as first time but diddnt break cover cos of broken foot in pot(on crutches) left them as they fell. cant beet a winged pidgeon as a decoy ha ha

why post things like that on here, we dont want two know.

Edited by mossy835