What do you think of Rizzini shotguns?

debrovnik

The Rizzini family have more than one production factory, both in Italy, and world wide.

E Rizzini markets entry level guns under their own name, from about £500 new, but also makes Branded guns for other distributors, for instance the Lincoln range are all made in the Rizzini factory and except for the cosmetic finish are identical with the E Rizzini brand, and I believe the current Browning Medalist is also a branded Rizzini gun, also with the same actions etc.

F Rizzini was a seperate company in Italy making high quality guns, but has now amalgamated with the E Rizzini production. New guns of both Emilio and Fausti come from the same factory, but earlier F Rizzinis were hand made in a separate facility.

B Rizzini has production facilities in th USA, using high quality CNC methods similar to Perrazi. These guns start at £2000 and go as high as you like.

So, assuming you are not going for the more expensive B or F Rizzinis, consider also the Lincoln and Medalists, as they are the same guns underneath.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought an E Rizzini a few weeks ago second hand as my first gun. Cost me £295 ??? Good if you like a heavy feeling gun which makes for a steadier aim. There is actually only 2 ounces difference between it and my dad's Browning B525, but that feels much lighter. Don't know why :good:

It had been very well used, but they seem to be robust and long-lasting as most of the metal work looks like new and all fits nice and tightly, even if the wood needed refinishing. The only problem with it is that the bottom cartridge rubs very slightly on the back where the pins are when closing because there is wear on the thing that pushes the ejectors in when closing, so they don't pull the cartridge in quite far enough. This sometimes means you have to close the gun quite hard to fully engage the lock or the thumb pusher thing doesn't go to 6 o'clock and a small gap is left. Not good! This only happens when it gets hot though.

Looks the part too, with a side-plate (though it is a box-lock) and nice vents between barrels.

So the thing to look out for if it's old is corrosion on the barrels and a nice tight fit on the metal work :hmm:

• 4 years later...

one thing ive found with mine is,some body before me really did put the chokes in with some force,

as to which i cant get the blighters out

Had a 20 gauge which felt very heavy compared to other 20G guns.

sorry to go of op's topic but try filling an old cup with oil and let your barrels rest muzzle end down in it over night insuring there is enough oil to cover the chokes completely and they should be a bit easier got out if not get a decent gunsmith who can heat the barrels without unsoldering the rib.

also if you use the gun for clays etc try getting the chokes out when the barrels are roasting, let me know how you get on.

Thumbs up for a rizzini and perhaps have a look at lanbers as well as I seen a lanber field that was a nice looking gun.

I had one a long time ago. Solid reliable gun. Never let me down. Ideal starter gun.

To me what does let them down is the handling/balance.

Once you're used to shooting, and instinctive reaction shooting takes over, then the handling of the gun will become more important.

(I hope I've explained that right. I know what I mean anyway. :lol: )

But,as I said ,an ideal ,cheap ,starter gun.

I keep on hearing "good starter gun" but I think this is a load of bull to be honest as my dads friend has shot with a beatin up baikal for 30 + years and can shoot above average in any situation, I personally believe that people are naturally crackin shots with any gun and others can only hope to practise and become average shooters. Same thing happened when I was into the motorbikes and people talked about these R1's, fireblades etc being crackin handling and power etc and then some naturally good rider would smoke them on his cruiser/harley.

I doubt George Digweed would have any problems beating anyone with a swap of guns ;)

My advice is if it feels good to you i.e gun fit then you'll be happy with it for manys of years as long as you dont get caught in the "I must have the named brand" trap. I recently have laid a deposit on a browning as my mother wants to treat me and my father and to be honest I cant find a fault with my bettinsoli in looks, feel, balance etc etc and am afraid that the named brand wont be as good as my old gun.

p.s I have recently purchased a £100 sxs and have shot more with it in the last month than I did with my good gun in the last 6 months! Why = I bought it as a gun for rough shooting that I dont care to much about getting it scratched etc and therefore I can concentrate 100% on enjoying the day out rather than worrying about a good gun. Just my opinion on things and not gospel.

Edited by Mr Rizzini

I stand by my opinion of 'good starter gun' even though the above person does insult me by saying I'm talking bull.

When we say starter gun, what we mean is, it'll do the job without breaking the bank, and if you don't like shooting, then ,not too much money has been spent.

Then if you take to it, you may want a more up market gun, if your budget allows.Which is the way a lot of people go, myself included. In fact I'd go so far as to say , most people.

Some people do like to have nice things and spend a bit of money on a gun. I'm not saying thats necessary, but for the average person, you will improve with a better balanced and fitted gun.

We're not all George Digweeds I'm afraid.

I stand by my opinion of 'good starter gun' even though the above person does insult me by saying I'm talking bull.

When we say starter gun, what we mean is, it'll do the job without breaking the bank, and if you don't like shooting, then ,not too much money has been spent.

Then if you take to it, you may want a more up market gun, if your budget allows.Which is the way a lot of people go, myself included. In fact I'd go so far as to say , most people.

Some people do like to have nice things and spend a bit of money on a gun. I'm not saying thats necessary, but for the average person, you will improve with a better balanced and fitted gun.

We're not all George Digweeds I'm afraid.

I apologise for my ignorance as I picked peoples way up wrong about starter guns, I agree start with a cheap gun and if you like it then sell your right arm and get something fancy :)

Interesting thread.. if lve got the gist right .. Rizzini manufacture the Lincoln Premier multi choke !

I bought one (secondhand ) ... a short while back .. initially had problems with misfiring .. firstly bottom barrel .. gun was taken to gunsmiths and on return same fault reappeared though problem then was top barrel misfired .. apparently a detent ball bearing was not being retained by a rod within the mechanism. Curious to know if the correspondingly priced Rizzini 12 bore over and under are the same mechanism.

Anyway's up ... the gun is fine now and the weight disturbution/size of the gun is a pleasure to use .. my confidence in its reliabilty is increasing ... pleased l bought it

• 6 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Own a short barrel Hombra under & over. Breaks down quick for transport. OOSG's it's whole life pigging in dust and mud.  Banged about.

Excellent selector. Forward/back as safety.  Left/Right for barrel select.  Mechanical trigger (no thumping the butt to swap an empty chamber which some need recoil jolt) meant always got a shot off even with only 1 barrel re loaded, didn't matter which one, I could select.

barrels cleaned up nicely every time.  All lugs,triggers, stock never let me down.  As an out the window rig spotlighting I've never let it go.

On 28 August 2008 at 19:48, clayman said:

The Rizzini family have more than one production factory, both in Italy, and world wide.

E Rizzini markets entry level guns under their own name, from about £500 new, but also makes Branded guns for other distributors, for instance the Lincoln range are all made in the Rizzini factory and except for the cosmetic finish are identical with the E Rizzini brand, and I believe the current Browning Medalist is also a branded Rizzini gun, also with the same actions etc.

F Rizzini was a seperate company in Italy making high quality guns, but has now amalgamated with the E Rizzini production. New guns of both Emilio and Fausti come from the same factory, but earlier F Rizzinis were hand made in a separate facility.

B Rizzini has production facilities in th USA, using high quality CNC methods similar to Perrazi. These guns start at £2000 and go as high as you like.

So, assuming you are not going for the more expensive B or F Rizzinis, consider also the Lincoln and Medalists, as they are the same guns underneath.

The Macnab Highlander range of guns previously marketed by Patrick Keen were manufactured by B.Rizzini. Second hand ones are still readily available and are cracking guns. Not to be confused with the Macnab Lowlander which was manufactured bt Sabatti.