What do you think of Rizzini shotguns?

debrovnik

On 28/08/2008 at 19:48, clayman said:

So, assuming you are not going for the more expensive B or F Rizzinis, consider also the Lincoln and Medalists, as they are the same guns underneath.

The gen 2 Medalist was made by Sabatti although many people had ejector breakages with the 12g version. The gen 1 Medalist of which there are very few around, was made by someone else, I forget who.

There are at least 4 different Rizzinis of which 2 are the budget brands . Isadore Rizzini was renamed FAIR and Emilio, now amalgamated with Fausti, has many guns out there branded E Rizzini. Of these two the FAIR guns are probably the better bet for reliability and availability of parts.

Batista Rizzini guns are more upmarket but unfortunately his 2 nephews moved on and set up Caesar Guerini which has become a major brand, whereas B Rizzinis are now a niche brand with only a few fans. As I never see B Rizzinis at registered sporting shoots I assume their main markets are game shooters and Sunday morning club shooters.

On 20/03/2013 at 10:24, Mr Rizzini said:

I keep on hearing "good starter gun" but I think this is a load of bull to be honest as my dads friend has shot with a beatin up baikal for 30 + years and can shoot above average in any situation, I personally believe that people are naturally crackin shots with any gun and others can only hope to practise and become average shooters. Same thing happened when I was into the motorbikes and people talked about these R1's, fireblades etc being crackin handling and power etc and then some naturally good rider would smoke them on his cruiser/harley.

I doubt George Digweed would have any problems beating anyone with a swap of guns

My advice is if it feels good to you i.e gun fit then you'll be happy with it for manys of years as long as you dont get caught in the "I must have the named brand" trap. I recently have laid a deposit on a browning as my mother wants to treat me and my father and to be honest I cant find a fault with my bettinsoli in looks, feel, balance etc etc and am afraid that the named brand wont be as good as my old gun.

p.s I have recently purchased a £100 sxs and have shot more with it in the last month than I did with my good gun in the last 6 months! Why = I bought it as a gun for rough shooting that I dont care to much about getting it scratched etc and therefore I can concentrate 100% on enjoying the day out rather than worrying about a good gun. Just my opinion on things and not gospel.

hello, i started shooting around 13/14 but i am still Mr Average, when the pigeon and crows see me they just laugh:lol:, now i just enjoy being out in the fields, oh with wellies on these days???

hello, starter shotguns comes in all Makes and prices, even new ones can be bought for around £500 with a warranty, most should last 1000s of cartridges, if thats the case my Yildiz will out live me😄