aprehensions eating rabbit ???

myzeneye

Your link not working right :blink:

Talking about rabbits with my parents the other week and my granddad was a butcher and he had loads of them for breeding.

Both of them loved it and want more.

My son keeps saying when can he have rabbit stew :blink:

He's 8 and wants to come out with the ferret and he want to know whats it all about :yes:

mate, the best thing you will ever do, is get your son out in the field. :D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your link not working right :blink:

Talking about rabbits with my parents the other week and my granddad was a butcher and he had loads of them for breeding.

Both of them loved it and want more.

My son keeps saying when can he have rabbit stew :blink:

He's 8 and wants to come out with the ferret and he want to know whats it all about :D

mate, the best thing you will ever do, is get your son out in the field. :blink:

Here's the problem i have a step-son a year older than my son and my other half thinks if goes out and breaks a rabbits neck or shoots a bunnie, he will turn into a serial killler or get want to kill all animals.

I have tried to tell loads of times.

Lets see how they get on.

They might like ferreting but don't think they will get on with shooting them yet as they get bored very easy.

Tried taking them fishing loads of time's very hard work :yes:

Sorry, the link isn't available to non members. What a plonker!

As for the kids, get them out on a short trip, just an hour maybe, and leave when they get bored. They'll start to master longer sessions in time.

Tell your mrs she's a daft mare. I was a little **** when I was a kid because I was bored. Bringing them up to respect their quarry and firearms can only steer them away from the computer game "harmless" fun of killing people and wrecking things. Get them involved in fieldsports and they will grow up fine :)

Sorry, the link isn't available to non members. What a plonker!

As for the kids, get them out on a short trip, just an hour maybe, and leave when they get bored. They'll start to master longer sessions in time.

Tell your mrs she's a daft mare. I was a little **** when I was a kid because I was bored. Bringing them up to respect their quarry and firearms can only steer them away from the computer game "harmless" fun of killing people and wrecking things. Get them involved in fieldsports and they will grow up fine :P

That's what i said :/

I can take them ferreting after long talks :)

It was a meeting at no 10 bless her, I'll take it from there and see what they think :yes:

• 4 weeks later...
Greek butchers have always got rabbit hanging up for sale. Being Greek (no wise cracks) I have eaten rabbit since I was a kid so I don't find it unusual at all.

What's "normal" when it comes to food? Every country, race or religeon eat different food and find it normal. It's only ignorance, and I don't mean that rudely, that puts people off different food stuffs.

I hope this won't turn too many peoples stomach, but a Greek delicacy is sheeps head. Personally I am not over keen on the majority of the meat on sheeps head (cheek, tongue, brain and even eyes), but one thing that is absolutely lovely is the brain! As mentioned already, it's very much like the marrow of a bone, it's soft in texture, sweet and tastes lovely.

must admit brain is quiet nice .. my gran use to cook this .... and heart as well ... yum yum