Beaters pay ?

Cranfield

In Northern Ireland you don't get paid. Brace or two of pheasant and a hot lunch, good day out and plenty of banter is sufficient for me. Also get the beaters shoot near the end of the season, and maybe a chance to beat in some outlying parts with a gun.

I know a few members go beating and I wondered what the current going rate is.

We use to pay one sum for a beater, a bit more for a beater with a dog and almost twice as much for a picker-up.

Whats the current deal ? :lol:

Just thinking... why do you ask... are you looking for beaters for Cranfield castle :D

On our Family shoot with guests.

Guns beat on alternate drives.

Beaters get a brace, plus soup at luchtime (bring own sarnies) plus cake and sloe gin at end of day.

All beaters invited to bring guns for last shoot of the season, however many of the beaters and pickers up are ladies who don't shoot anyway.

Brilliant days.

Good enough for our lot. :lol:

:< NO WAY £20 minimum and some that pay £25 are thinking of £30 next season plus cock shoot and meal and £100-200 behind bar after,on the best shoot near here.All beaters and pickers up are paid the same(loaders are raking it in).By the way if you`re Inland Revenue I just made it all up :lol::D:lol:

We pay £20 for beaters, £25 for pickers up and beaters with a good dog. This seems to be about the going rate locally. I did hear of one shoot that allegedly pays £40 :lol: A couple of places give the lads hot food at lunch time, which is a nice touch if you can do it.

Our regular beaters also get as much pigeon and vermin shooting as they want. If they fancy comming lamping or stalking they are always more than welcome.

Q :D

William, The Servants are quite happy to beat at Cranfield Castle, for just the usual bowl of gruel. :D

The Syndicate I belong to doesn't pay the beaters, but they get a three course dinner after the shoot.

Some beaters don't stay for dinner as they are eating with their families in the evening, or going out etc.,

They don't get anything.

I believe we should pay all our beaters something, with the meal as an option.

If they don't want the dinner, they get the equivalent cash (£10) as well as the fee.

I just wanted some numbers to take to the Shoot Captain.

Appreciate the comments, thanks. :lol:

Guns chip in £5.00 (x 9) to share amongst beaters. But as they all are friends or relations it goes over the bar for drinks. Guns buy a round or two (except the tight-***** keeper!!) and a pleasant evening had by all.

Large shoot nearby I beat at pays £20 for beaters. 1 good beaters day and a bit of pigeon shooting.

****-up and pub meal at end of season.

RTR

I beat on three different shoots locally.

One has a whip round, the guns put in £20 each and it's shared between the beaters, most of us put it into a kitty for the pub. Plus a couple of beat/shoot days at the end of the season, plus all the port you can drink ! Take home as many birds as you want.

Second lays on a 3 course lunch after the shoot, beer and wine provided, plus all the port you can drink ! Beaters day at the end of the season. Take home a brace of birds.

Third lays on food at the pub after shooting, plus a few pints, plus all the port you can drink ! Two walked up days at the end of the season. Take home as many birds as you want.