11 month ESS

deeksofdoom

Here's a little clip of my 11 month Old ESS bitch doing a retrieve in the garden. She is also doing directional retrieves and blind ones will try and put them up later. At one stage she had given up retrieving altogether so I got some advice from Dan, basicaly I gave up doing it altogether and started with her again, now she's mad keen for it.

th_20092008063.jpg

Brilliant, liked the way he stood attentively waiting.

Mine just want to run out as soon as i swing my hand, so been keeping them on a leash until I say fetch.

Keep it up.

btw, mine are just 8 months, but coming along real good, even though they get very little in the way of training.

:good:

She was exactly the same way a month ago, what you need to do is get the dog to perfect the sit and stay. As soon as he is doing this. Sit him beside you and throw the dummy, the pup will automatically want to chase. Have a firm hold of him by the scruff of the neck to stop him.

After a while let the dog retrieve the dummy.

After a while they get used to sitting and staying while the dummy is thrown, I tell her to 'go back' to retrieve the dummy.

If the dog tries to move before the 'go back' command give him a firm no and drag him back to where he should be, chase after him if you have to. They'll pick it up in no time. ???