CPSA

dustyfox

Psychologo? Why?

You have Insurance from House Insurance and now BASC, why would you want to join CPSA? Obviously the credit crunch will not affect you.

If you are interested I have a number of guns for sale ranging from £54,000 upwards, and some cut price cartridges @ £25 a box. :good:

I do not have home insurance. I am renting at the moment. :o

I thought I join BASC as they are the most recognised organisation.

I thought I join CPSA as I wanted to support them too, and maybe they have something extra to offer. I do not know...

Credit crunch hurts me too! :o but as I said, I thought I support the CPSA too. Maybe not at the very near future though.

You have some guns for sale? And a bargain for only £54,000? I am sold! ???

Should I email you my credit card details? :o :good: :o :look: :o :look: :o :look: :o :P

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be entertaining as I have much the same situation and feelings. I'm fairly sure that it's not a registered shoot, and I'm almost just interested in meeting some of the characters and seeing if they really are like their internet persona or not. Especially that Angelfire wumman or whatever her name is.

It'll be my first attempt at ABT and Double Rise. I've shot a round of DTL before though.

:good: Angelfire is not female.......... :look:

I just wish he had seen this post :good:

On that site people play at wind up since it was invaded by Trolls and Flamers.

Just goes to show Mr Chard, you are not as clever as you thought. That site has been hit by more trolls and flamers than any other in cyberspace. Mostly due to the failed chippies apprentices trying to get the good Directors annoyed enough to make a monumental cock. Pray tell us all what your slant is on the situation on there?

Just goes to show Mr Chard, you are not as clever as you thought. That site has been hit by more trolls and flamers than any other in cyberspace. Mostly due to the failed chippies apprentices trying to get the good Directors annoyed enough to make a monumental cock. Pray tell us all what your slant is on the situation on there?

Yes, I'll gladly give you my slant on it. I consider it to be an elitist set-up where they can all massage their already over-inflated egos, ensuring that any potential newcomers are either equally elitist or at least subservient enough to keep grovelling and massaging in equal measure. Failing that, newcomers are "flamed" and treated as retards - God knows, there's enough threads on there about it. Someone who has the temerity to disagree and stand up for what they believe is not automatically a "troll" or a "flamer", merely someone with an opinion. They would do well to consider that. Membership of forums waxes and wanes and as people drop by the wayside, either because the massaging becomes boring, or they get flamed for disagreeing with the darling of the day, then membership will slide.

I find the argument that the site is victimised by trolls and flamers quite absurd. All forums receive unwanted visitors. Just ban them. If it gets too much for the dears to bear, then make it members only and then ban them. Not rocket science. I think you'll find it's clay shooters who don't shape up, or "BO muppets" who get the flaming.

It's not a question of being "clever". My own brief experience on there is limited to me defending friends of mine who were being derided and ridiculed for their amateurish performance as referees at a certain ill-fated competition at my local club. Whatever the performance of the club management during this competition was, I found the personal attacks on underpaid volunteer referees vile. Most of the snide comments related to their age, eyesight and all the other stereotypical ********. As I was there on the day, I felt qualified to comment on the sheer arrogance of a large slice of the visiting elite. It is my personal view, which is echoed amongst many of the membership of my club, that it is a relief that the club will not be hosting any more of this, at least we can be spared the unwelcome attentions of the great and good of the sport. I don't (necessarily) speak for the management, I can't be sure what their view on the subject is. Suffice to say I don't believe it differs much from mine.

For having a view on this subject, I was told I was "deluded" or somesuch ****, so I've not bothered since.

Interestingly, I still follow some of the stuff "over there" and I see that they are systematically slagging off virtually every competition and ground in the country, with one or two exceptions. Nothing seems good enough for the poor dears, so I'm not sure what happens when they run out of places worthy of their attention, perhaps they'll take up something else and start on that.

If the country's top shooters want an exclusive site and forum of their own, then fine, I can understand that, but make it clear what it is. The message needs to be "Amateurs and BO muppets **** off", and that needs to be made clear on the site, not through insulting new members. Not a great welcome for newcomers to the sport.

Well done to you Mr Chard. It is about time some of the elite brigade were slapped back into line. Unfortunately Dennis is not a technical chap, so for him to be able to ban someone would give him a nose bleed trying to think about how to do it. I like reading the site, as there is much a do about the hierachy of the CPSA. Hedge monkey and Tarp are the collective terms used for Sporting shooters and Trap shooters with Helice being the worst of all, Headlice, very irritating to watch and shoot.

I am suprised you being a member of that site havent put your pennies worth in a bit more. You might be labled a troll or a flamer instead of the so called innocents.

My kindest regards to you Mr Chard

Well done to you Mr Chard. It is about time some of the elite brigade were slapped back into line. Unfortunately Dennis is not a technical chap, so for him to be able to ban someone would give him a nose bleed trying to think about how to do it. I like reading the site, as there is much a do about the hierachy of the CPSA. Hedge monkey and Tarp are the collective terms used for Sporting shooters and Trap shooters with Helice being the worst of all, Headlice, very irritating to watch and shoot.

I am suprised you being a member of that site havent put your pennies worth in a bit more. You might be labled a troll or a flamer instead of the so called innocents.

My kindest regards to you Mr Chard

Yo Dogman :look:

I decided it might be prudent to shut my opinionated gob and naff orf.

Whilst I detest the attitude of these people, I do admire their skill and dedication. It's not something I could achieve and I know it.

There's no jealousy there, but I won't have people looking down their noses at me, just because I don't live and breathe clay shooting.

I thoroughly enjoy shooting, it's a great sport. It saddens me that people who could and should be ambassadors for the sport are behaving in such a way as to actively dissuade any self-respecting person from taking it up as a hobby. I could go on and and on and Ariston about examples of this. I've got ghastly anecdotes about England team members and their dummy-spitting and inability to hit targets that my club members take for granted :good: :look: :look:

I know we're all different, but life would be so much easier if these ******* ******** would just **** *** and ***** **** *** ******** ****

Know wha' I mean Harry? :good:

This wine's not bad. Chateau-Neuf-de-**** 2007 with a screw cap. Exquiseeeeeet. Fruity liitle ****er. Hits the spot. Get it daaaarn yer Norf 'n Saaaarf

Edited by Chard

Blimey Chard.....that's a bit "War & Peace" aint it?

Do what I do........read a chapter a day :lol:

Good write up Chard :good:

Just want to know......looking back on your time as a ref, how many times did a shooter use a 'pube' on their gun as an excuse for a miss and did you declare it a 'no bird' as a result :D

Do what I do........read a chapter a day ;)

Good write up Chard :good:

Just want to know......looking back on your time as a ref, how many times did a shooter use a 'pube' on their gun as an excuse for a miss and did you declare it a 'no bird' as a result :yes:

That sounds like the kind of stunt a dodgy brief would try and pull :P

I had all sorts of excuses, but strangely I don't recall that one :D:D:lol:

• 3 weeks later...
:welcomeani: Angelfire is not female.......... :lol:

I just wish he had seen this post :D

On that site people play at wind up since it was invaded by Trolls and Flamers.

There is an Angel watching from the dark side chaps. This Angel is looking to meet Mr de la Mare.

The Toxic One, Angelfire, on a visit from claysporting.

Edited by Angelfire

• 2 weeks later...
Hold on......"Pigeon" won the day, so you backed the winner.

Didn't you realise that..??

Cat.

Hey Cat,

I meant that yes we won but they still call it the national body of clay 'target' shooting.

As for that Smoker guy, we all think that he is Phil Boakes, he only ever sticks up for the head office.

Chard mate, you just met the wrong 'elites'. Most I know are kind and helpful to those around them. Mind you I have also met some real tossers as referees. What I hate are the ones who do not know the rules and nick points of you because they have 'the badge'.

I had one once who, on a FITASC simo pair, would not let me see the pair twice. Another on a hillside with difficult footing docked me a point because my size 7 toe went under the ring when I was swinging for the second bird.

So all I am saying is that there are tossers on both sides of the fence.

Have a good new year everybody.