Sign in to follow this  
Topgunners

gunsmith recommendations wanted

As per post title, any recommendations from local pw members on who to try.

I have my own thoughts on local ones I have used before. :good:

Dave K

As per post title, any recommendations from local pw members on who to try.

I have my own thoughts on local ones I have used before. :good:

Dave K

Its common knowledge that the guru of gunsmithing in north of England is Steve Kersaw

Jonno

Dave, if it's rifle give Chris at Anglo Custom Rifles in Northampton a call, he's done work on two of my rifles and

the quality has been spot on, he's a top bloke and won't rip you off. Link to website

If it's shotgun then I'd suggest Norman Clark.

As Browning says Chris of Anglo Custom Rifles is a top bloke on the rifle side and also you could try Brock & Norris, What Mike Norris dosn't know about guns ain't worth knowing.

Brock and norris are near Telford.

Edited by tulkyuk

Dave, given where we live..... haul yourself over to Price Street in Brm ... you'll get more quotes in an hour than you can shake a stick larger than a very large thing at ..... and all the gun trades under one roof !!!

Edited by malkiserow

Dave, given where we live..... haul yourself over to Price Street in Brm ... you'll get more quotes in an hour than you can shake a stick larger than a very large thing at ..... and all the gun trades under one roof !!!

oh yes = price street is the one for me! in particular i would reccomend Wilds - (benjamin wild ltd) - knows his stuff, very well priced - i got a few quotes for some work (opening out my extra full chokes on a sbs) - he was well priced, he really knows his stuff - he had some great advice, and was happy to answer all my questions.

Edited by pegasus bridge

Thanks for all your recommendations. These have been noted for future reference.

I took them along to a shooter who had a delve inside and found that a couple of mm of carbon had gone hard in the gas chamber and was stopping the carrier from travelling full range.

I have now acquired the recommended bits and bobs to allay this in the future.

Dave K