A few years on: Howa

dunganick

Well its been a few years since i finally got the howa, its started to behave itself a bit more. Only recent issue being a very frustrating change of POI (2 lucky foxes now still live due to this) however im fairly sure ive found the source of this issue.

I gave it a quick lick of oil on the wood work yesterday and im just about to go out and re-zero it. Fingers crossed i can come back and present a nice group to go with these two photos i just took of the gun.

Yes the first ones lighting is all over the place, but i cba to go and do it again.

380590258_LyGJC-XL.jpg

380592238_u8b5d-XL.jpg

The future for this rifle holds a T8 mod in the next few weeks. Which will make this the heaviest .223 in the SE im sure. However im fairly sure Sussex Lad will consider this a small price to pay for his hearing.

Well its zero'd its not shooting amazingly again. However its been about 50 rounds since a clean, so i will give it a clean and then sneak a quick go on the 100 yards at bisley when im there for a competition sunday.

The problem with the mounts i suspect to be the inner ring system that the burris mounts use. Unfortunately i have to use these so shim 20thou of elevation in the rear of the scope. But i dont think these were done up tight enough. So ive removed the lot, loctited it and done everything up nice and tight.

Honest truth, if someone offered me £600ish for it now i would prob take their money and buy a tikka.

Nice enough gun but never again.

The future for this rifle holds a T8 mod in the next few weeks. Which will make this the heaviest .223 in the SE im sure. However im fairly sure Sussex Lad will consider this a small price to pay for his hearing.

Sorry m8 did you say something???

My ears are still bleeding after our last trip out......

Got my own back on the motocross track in the landy though :oops::yes:

Sorry m8 did you say something???

My ears are still bleeding after our last trip out......

Got my own back on the motocross track in the landy though :oops::yes:

Yes and my ribs are still bleeding :hmm:

Well James got his Ticket sorted, so i will text you regarding possibilities for Tuesday eve.

Took the gun to bisley today, managed to blag 5 shots on someones target @ 100 yards having cleaned the rifle. First shot NA, 2nd 1" high and just to the right, 2nd and third touching down the middle.

As for the Competition. It was a Goat shoot @ 200 yards, 5 shots prone with a sand bag up front. 5 sitting with monopod. Scored 95. (5x10 5x9) Placed 3rd i think, depending if they score other peoples re-entries.

Fox shoot @ 200 yards, 5 shots sitting with double sticks. 5 shots standing double sticks. Scored 89, which looked to place me first. We will see.

I think I may have regained my interest in rifle shooting. Especially after this morning clay shooting efforts.

The results from the two competitions.

Very happy with results, given i thought i was doing rubbish, having not shot a rifle at a paper target in months.

As you may see my rifle club was somewhat out numbered by our competitors. It was top 8 scores (all we had) again their top 8 scores, needless to say we got walked all over.

Excuse the old mans results, he could really do with having surgery on his back, so shooting sitting really isnt his forte at the moment.

Fox comp.

post-1577-1222809827.png

Goat comp.

post-1577-1222809725.png

Had an early morning shoot yesterday morning and despite it looking unpromising to start at about 8.30 i spotted this chap crouched at the side of the field facing away from me looking into the hedge. 200 yards downhill shot and i think the biggest fox ive shot. The walk back to the car for photo opportunity carrying him damn near killed me.

385553054_vjsMH-L.jpg

Hopefully will be some more from tonights outing with Sussexlad (weather permitting)

• 2 weeks later...