Blackpool gun club

Rasputin

Whats this place like as its only down the road from me, ihave heard mixed reviews so just after a bit of advice also does anyone on here shoot down htere.

Ras

I live in Lytham St Annes and had no idea there is a gun club here. Could you give me a phone number or an address for them mate please?

Thanks!

Blackpool Gun Club Back Lane Greenhalgh. About one mile from the Kirkham / Fleetwood roundabout on the motorway. . Claycounters, but they are sensible about no-birds. Drinks and hot food. Big sporting layout - you can do 50,75 or 100. Good targets. My only reservation is that sometimes the targets become a test of eyesight. Overall highly recommended.

07730 409415

My local ,100 birds £22 ya get to see a pair free and ya no birds go free also , Layout changes every 2 weeks and the second week of every month is comp layout , This layout is often a challenge (for the older boys eyes ) lol no only joking ....

It sometimes a challenge As its set up to test some top shooters that attend comp week , There is 12 stands in 4 fields its plastic wad and steel shot friendly last book in is 2pm and as long as your there prior to 2pm you will be allowed to do a round

its open wed , sat , sun

I find most people who attend regularly very friendly and have received some extremely good advice from experienced regulars ,

Its deff worth a visit you being so close , Can i ask where you have been shooting ??

i know theres 3 other clubs locally but there sporting layouts are a little sparse

Ohh and its a good job there sensible with the no birds, The last few weeks ive had a good 10% they take it graciously tho which is a good job as if i had to argue i would be going else where

Edited by jayward

• 4 weeks later...

I have had a couple of shoots there now. Well, I have nothing else to compare it with, but I have to say it is quite a nice place. Very friendly people, good prices and reasonable with no birds (that's when a clay brakes before you can shoot it or when there is no clay ejecting, right?)

I will go there again!

We're threatening to give Blackpool a go soon, as a change of scenery from Worsley.

Allegedly, there's a lot of sky there, and after my humiliating mauling at the hands of the Essex Mafia gaylords at Dartford (Chernobyl) Marshes, which had far too much sky, I've decided that practice with sky is called for. ???

You have been warned :good::D:good:

Chard,

You wont be disappointed with Blackpool GC, it must show the best targets (IMHO) for a flat field shoot certainly in the North West. It must be the complete opposite of Worsley, you can actually see the clays before they rapidly dissapear behind trees and woodland!! Tough but fair, even the distant birds can be killed if your good enough.

As stated, 2nd Sunday of every month is competion (bit like Worsley though, it's not CPSA registered) but even on that day you can shoot any number of birds practise.

Might see you up there one day

Mr. Potter

Chard,

You wont be disappointed with Blackpool GC, it must show the best targets (IMHO) for a flat field shoot certainly in the North West. It must be the complete opposite of Worsley, you can actually see the clays before they rapidly dissapear behind trees and woodland!! Tough but fair, even the distant birds can be killed if your good enough.

As stated, 2nd Sunday of every month is competion (bit like Worsley though, it's not CPSA registered) but even on that day you can shoot any number of birds practise.

Might see you up there one day

Mr. Potter

Cheers Mr Potter, I'm looking forward to it. I've got very used to Worsley's rapidly disappearing clays :lol: but shooting at Dartford was a shock to the system. Predictably, the only stand that I shot really well at Dartford, was one that had the only tree for miles around, and the target was a fast clay from behind - disappearing behind the tree before you could blink an eye :look: . Childs play, then when presented with relatively simple targets with no background, I really struggled :lol:

I think it's going to be another eye-opener at Blackpool, and one or two of the other lads are going to get a shock too, I suspect :lol: