Vim`s Picture`s

vimm

I have watched this thread with complete and utter disbelief. That a crusade against one man ( who i may add winds a lot of people up) who only posts pic's of a standard that most of us admire. Is being vitrified for telling the truth.

No one kills cleanly with one shot every time, and if they say they do they are liars, the man told the truth. As the anti hunting community think that the rifle will end all suffering?(one quick shot and they never hear the bang!!!!!!!!) for foxes its about time they heard the truth.

Now with 40+ years expereance in the field i dont profess to know all, but i do know when a bull sitter is at work with pretty words. Also i know when some one is trying to get across in their own way a message that will help other people.

Now VIM is a helper he may not be one of the greatest communicators but he is trying through his pics to inspire others to do what he can do.( how many people on this site can shoot 4 Magpie's and a Jay in one day with an air rifle) That takes skill and not a inconsiderate amount of fieldcraft.

So i would say to you dissenters look,listen and learn. That is the reason we are all on this site for anyhow. Just because someone has a brash way of talking look past that and see what they are saying.

ONE LAST WORD ON THE SUBJECT IF HE WINDS YOU UP " DON'T BITE "

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Patsmash

Look chaps i feel at this present time and the general feeling towards hunting shooting fishing that we all need to be singing from the same song sheet, in house bickering doesnt solve nothing just creates more bad feelings and resentment. Some of vimms pictures are the best ive seen on the forum but all i would ask is that he tones down the wording slightly. Think how antis can turn things around and use them to bring about a total hunting ban. We are only strong if we all pull together.

well he's not called me but i can see why people don't like him. I mean, calling pieman piewoman lol that actually made me laugh but it was kinda unprovoked (dodgy spelling) and some people would see it as childish.

Vim sounds like me and my m8 but he has more success, we only have air rifles though but we use snares and stuff and my m8 especially is well into hunting (hunting/shooting/fishing) like me but hes more of a fisher than me and i love the outdoors so i've not got a problem with him sounds like he could teach me a thing or 2 but i agree maybe he should stop name calling and remember this is a public forum and other people who don't shoot can be reading this (dont have a problem posting about non clean kills)..

I reacon you should stop arguing on both sides (everyone vs vim + greengrass lol)

piewoman though.. :D

:angry:

Vim may not be able to communicate sociably and politely with everyone here on the forum, but I reckon he offers a little rustic humour to the site.

I for one have enjoyed his posts although I would like to see a little more respect from him to other users of this site. I know it is easy to bite when the wrong comment comes your way.

We are all shooters here and the forum is for shooting matters. Not petty bickering.

Happy New Year to you all,

Rob.

P.S Just got back from the New Years clay shoot where I took top gun with 44 ex 50. Nice bottle of Grouse for the collection. :D:angry:

Guest Patsmash

i shoot a small farm and the rabbit population is rather small, have tried lamping on foot but without much sucess. i was thinking about sitting up with a night vision scope and dropping the rabbits has they come out, like you would on a summers evening.

Good pics Pieboy but those with an educated eye :lol: you know those that sail close to the wind will know that you need the number`s to go at to look good :lol:

Im certain Pieboy that you would never get results on any of my permison like you have there.

I know of lads that can do that many with the dogs on good ground and note i say good ground and not good dogs :D Educated eye you see Pieboy.

Here a couple of different quarry type`s that i took early this morning though i could of got triple this number but i chose not to be too greedy :/

post-11-1104785601.jpg

Put the picture`s up Pieboy im sure it will make you feel good.

By the sound of it you also know how to use this secret code with your sails catching the wind :D:/

Those Fallow doe`s would of been an acheivment if you had took them with one dog and more sporting :lol:

As well as those 300 plus Rabbits in one night "I" would of taken 310 that night and probaly made half that with a dog :lol::lol:

Maybe one windy night quite soon we could have a walk out together you know fill our sails with wind :lol:

Get the pics up pieboy including cats :lol:

moggy.jpg

Guest Patsmash

i feel this is getting out a bit out of hand my own feeling is that you should only shoot what you intend to eat or what you give to friends to eat, ok fill the larder up but dont go over the top its not about slaughtering everything in sight.

Vim, not saying anything against you.. but that picture you last posted is a prime example of when not to shoot, all should remember that many young and old lives have been lost this year when they just happened to have had their eyes picked up by lamps and then a shooter taken a shot at a pair of eyes..

'A Good Shot, Is A Safe Shot!'

Aled

Its been a long day ernyha and you know what i mean without silly nit picking eh

sailor :D

Aled you nobba those two "eye`s" on the left is my truck :lol: the one`s on the right were of a Feral cat that came to the squeek AND no i didnt shoot only because the bullet might of hit the truck :lol: